Job Vacancy Multilingual Education Program Specialist – SS2312 Kent School District
Job title: Multilingual Education Program Specialist – SS2312
Company: Kent School District
Job description: REPORTS TO: Learning Supports
LOCATION: Administration Building
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
UNIT CLASSIFICATION: KEA
WORK PERIOD: 9 months
LAST REVISION DATE: June 20
This position is 1.0 FTE.
GRADE LEVEL/SUBJECT: PreK – 12/Multilingual/ English Learners and Dual Language
The program specialist position provides instructional leadership and ensures program compliance in service of Multilingual/English learners, dual language, migrant, and refugee students for Title III and Transitional Bilingual Instructional Program (TBIP) grants.
The program specialist supports program models for students acquiring English, working with general education teachers, ELL Specialists, dual language teachers, district office staff, and school support teams to strengthen Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) and Tier 1 instruction.
Additionally, the position identifies, augments, and develops where needed, best practice strategies aligned with federal and state requirements, leveraging assessment, intervention, and core resources, to close the achievement gap and increase rigor in MLE programs for the advancement of students toward proficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list is meant to be representative, not exhaustive. Some incumbents may not perform all the duties listed while in other cases other duties may also be assigned. * Provide language acquisition leadership and program compliance support to building teams, General Ed. and MLE/EL staff, community agencies, and parents to meet the needs of MLE/ EL students and diverse learners.
- Provide effective instructional support, staff (certificated and classified) training, curriculum implementation and technical assistance on MLE/ EL/DL/Migrant/Refugee/Title III programs.
- Collaborate with staff, families and/or community-based agencies to develop community service options.
- Collaborate with central office and building administrators to implement comprehensive and powerful instructional programs including KSD MLE/ EL instructional models.
- Collaborate with Instructional Support Teams to ensure targeted support is aligned with compliance goals and district initiatives to increase student achievement.
OTHER JOB DUTIES: * Serve as member of the Teaching and Learning community of the district; perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position as assigned.
- Coordinate special programs as needed and work collaboratively with the instructional services and special education departments to ensure a comprehensive and coherent continuum of services for students.
- Serve as a program spokesperson to staff, parents, and community members; serve as liaison among parents, teachers, patrons, students, and district administration as needed.
- Serve on a variety of committees and work on special projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must demonstrate a successful level of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below: * Knowledge of effective research-based strategies and language acquisition instructional programs.
- Knowledge of Washington state standards (WIDA), English Language Development Standards (ELD’s) and assessments.
- Knowledge of district goals and initiatives, including tiered intervention, and assessment best practices and requirements.
- Knowledge of and ability to use technology resources related to word and data processing, telecommunication, internet, and integration of technology in the classroom.
QUALIFICATIONS (continued): * Demonstrated ability to successfully implement intervention models and adult education.
- Demonstrated ability or experience using current research-validated literacy, numeracy, curricula and materials (basic and supplementary).
- Proven ability to collaborate with, mentor, and/or coach others who use varied learning/teaching styles.
- Ability to be flexible, develop favorable relationships and work collaboratively with co-workers, administrators, parents, students and the community.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage ideas, time, and materials to accomplish goals and monitor multiple projects at a time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree and completion of an accredited teacher training program as determined by the Washington State Department of Education; minimum of five years of successful certificated experience (three of which afforded the incumbent successful educational experience working with MLE/ EL students), or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the work and to meet certification requirements.
LICENSING & CERTIFICATION:
Valid Washington State Teaching Certificate with an ESL/ELL endorsement.
The incumbent in this position collaborates with and supports central office administrators, principals and staff in the oversight of MLE/EL/DL/Migrant/Refugee/Title III program compliance, program development and the selection of appropriate supplies, materials, equipment, hardware, and software to support the program. Frequent work with teachers is also required in the implementation of curriculum programs and instructional strategies. This specialist may also interact with parents, patrons, staff, and students through service on various committees to receive recommendations for the development and revision of related programs.
The daily activities are performed in an office setting with visits to schools and classrooms. The work may require moving, lifting, and storing of materials and equipment. Frequent interruptions occur; visual and mental concentration on details and precision is required. Frequent early morning and late afternoon/evening meetings occur.
Evaluation responsibilities are assigned to the MLE/ EL Director, Assistant Director, and/or Executive Director.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Job Title : Multilingual Education Program Specialist – SS2312
Primary Location : Administration Building
Salary Range : District Salary Schedule and DOE and Education / Per Year
Shift Type : Full-Time
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 04:37:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!