Job Vacancy Multi-Site IT Manager Precision Castparts
Job title: Multi-Site IT Manager
Company: Precision Castparts
Job description: With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The Multi-site IT Manager will manage and coordinate the Information Technology operations of PCC Aerostructures, Progressive in Texas, and ADI, Alloy and Klune North Hollywood in California. These include Servers, Storage, VMWare, Network and Telecommunication systems as well as applications and systems which directly support the end user computing environment. In addition to IT operations activities, they will participate in technology research, automation strategies, procurement, deployment, and configurations of new systems. The individual in this position must be able to commit to performing systems maintenance during non-business hours so that systems are functional and accessible during normal business hours. This position will report directly to the Controller at ADI in California.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand, adhere, and demonstrate to the company’s commitment to SAFETY and QUALITY.
- Responsible for working with site IT to ensure network and security policies are being followed.
- Reinforce and champion the idea and culture of 6S, continuous improvement and motivate ideas for improvement projects.
- Responsible for multi-site IT personnel providing strategic management and leadership.
- Support the multi-site Management Team members in the identification, planning, execution, and post-review of projects involving a diversified array of objectives: integrations, standardizations (Corporate and Division).
- Identify and analyze service gaps and opportunities for the strategic deployment of IT assets and solutions, facilitating process improvements and efficiencies in all levels of the value-chain.
- Analyze current service delivery capabilities and assist with, suggest, plan, and implement improvements and procedures to increase IT agility and responsiveness.
- Leverage and improve upon existing technology portfolio to better service delivery.
- Lead/participate and facilitate varying projects and initiatives engaging with team members from all functional areas of the operation.
- Task planning, defining, monitoring, risk/issue mitigation, tracking of all phases of projects with dependencies, critical path identification, time, scope, and cost considerations/constraints in support of enterprise goals through the production of timely and quality deliverables.
- Analyze and assess current processes and suggest improvements, champion standardization (Corporate and Division initiatives) and assist in evolving the IT organization.
- Interact with internal customers and stakeholders to better understand processes and the impact of IT in the workplace. Will be required to liaise with stake-holders on an ongoing basis (all levels).
- Serve as the primary internal resource to the organization on process automation and data project implementation.
- Develop use/business cases for capital deployment justification and validation with clear documentation and demonstration of value creation.
- Ensure alignment and partnership across sites in developing and executing automation strategies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, MIS, Business Systems, C.S., C.S.E, Business Administration or similar.
- S. or M.B.A. preferred.
- Education can be substituted with adequate, relevant experience or certification.
- Management experience required.
- Experience leading small to large IT teams.
- 5+ years in the IT industry is preferred.
- Project management experience required, experience managing small to medium-size projects.
- Strong understanding of various technology platforms and concepts including:
- Midrange, Virtualized Infrastructures
- Client-server architectures
- CAD/CAM/Simulation/Post-Processing software
- Windows domain based environments and architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Must have the ability to interface effectively with all levels of stakeholders and be able to clearly convey complex information, concisely. Negotiation and conflict management experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a multitude of projects and initiatives. Must be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful.
- Must thrive in a diverse and fast paced team environment.
- Must possess and demonstrate a commitment with a drive, initiative, and energy to continually improve and enhance the IT organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
Location: Arlington, TX
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 22:01:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!