Job Vacancy Mobile Device Test Network Engineer – Lab / San Diego, CA / Mobile / SHN BTI Solutions
Job title: Mobile Device Test Network Engineer – Lab / San Diego, CA / Mobile / SHN
Company: BTI Solutions
Job description: Pay Range: $22 – $35/hr (Depends on Experience)
Why Work for Us?
Established in 2006, continues to grow dramatically within the IT, telecommunications, Automotive and SCM industry. We encourage our employees in personal development with a passion to succeed and we offer an excellent benefit package. Every employee has access to Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and 401K plus many more.
401K with Employer Match
Company Paid Dental, Vision, Life and Medical up to 100%
Paid Sick Leave
Chance for VISA sponsoring
BTI Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
General Position Purpose:
The role of this position encompasses a wide scope of activities and initiatives that will bring solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues or network concerns. Network Engineers will work with mobile devices testing the latest features in the technology and /or telecommunication available on the market. The testing scope includes connectivity test, field test, and others as required. The position requires the Network Engineer to perform systems management and integration functions involving engineering work on cellular, wireless devices and systems.
- Verify stability and portability of networks and software
- Communicate project information through technical reports
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems
- Work on lab testing on 3GPP standards based on cellular system such as GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, HSPA, LTE and 5G. The testing conducts various types of mobility and stationary RF test cases in the lab of 5G, LTE, WCDMA, UMTS, and GSM
- Knowledge of various types of RF test and vendor equipment such as Spirent, R&S, Anite, Keysight and Anritsu.
- Research, test, monitor or verify proper functioning of software patches
- Analyze and determine issues; check the similar/same issue history, design test plan (location, models, basic parameters, considerations, etc.), lab test and/or lab test, set test environment and parameters regarding network circumstance
- Capture all the requested and required logs and analyzing them; determine what the log shows, confirm whether the issue is cleared or remained, professional reports, and communicate with R&D or/and QA team
- Perform testing and engineering services in both stationery and mobility conditions as in needed
- May require to support carrier Field testing by project needs and other duties as assigned
- May require weekend/holiday work depending on project
- Must be flexible and able to work extended hours as needed to support testing and client needs.
- Travel up to 30%
Education and Technology Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Electronics, Software Engineering Communication, Computer Network Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications
- General understanding for telecommunication knowledge and Android platform device
- Analytical, Scientific, Data Mining and Database management software
- Access software, cloud-based management software, communications server software
- Strong knowledge of 5G, LTE, HSPA+/WCDMA including PHY/MAC, signaling, call processing concepts and upper layers.
- Good understanding on GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, CDMA, HSPA, LTE, 5G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, mobile phone software architecture and telecommunication network configuration
- Experience in analyzing logs, troubleshooting issues from lab for UMTS/GSM CS, PS calls, LTE and 5G Data calls, metric test is plus. Experience with specific logging/analysis tools such as Shannon DM, QXDM, QPST, XCAL, XCAP
- Experience in tracing and debugging using tools to fully analyze protocol stack related issues in appropriate 3GPP specifications.
- Experience with Transport Layer protocols such as TCP, UDP, and analysis tools such as Wireshark
- Exposure to any Third Party Protocol, Modem or RF Test Equipment (Anritsu, R&S, Spirent, Anite, Keysight) in WCDMA, LTE and 5G technologies
- Some programming skills in Python, Java and Perl script is desired
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) is essential for creating the test reports
- Knowledge of Wireless Technology – LTE, GSM, CDMA
- Understanding of TCP/UDP, IP Packet, OSI Protocol Model
- Solid understanding of SW testing techniques and methodologies
- Internet browser and Internet protocol IP multimedia subsystem software
- Transaction security and virus protection software; Network monitoring software
Must have the following competencies:
- Reliable with good time management skills
- Analytical thinker/Problem Solver/Decision Maker
- Attention to detail, organization, planning and prioritizing work
- Results oriented/Takes initiative
- Build Relationships/Client Focused/Service Minded/Communication with Supervisors and Peers
- Self-motivated with a positive mindset and works well in team environment or on an individual basis
- Great interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Effectively manages time to complete tasks within established time frames.
Expected salary: $22 – 35 per hour
Location: San Diego, CA
Job date: Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:39:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!