Job Vacancy Mill Corporation-Logistics Account Manager Newman & Company
Job title: Mill Corporation-Logistics Account Manager
Company: Newman & Company
Job description: Logistics Account Manager
Located in Philadelphia, PA, Mill Corporation is part of a group of 4 privately held, vertically integrated companies with over 100 years of experience in paperboard manufacturing, recycling, logistics & transportation, and paper brokerage.
Established in 1972, our boutique-style freight brokerage began as a dedicated hauler for our mill, Newman & Company, which manufactures 100% recycled paperboard for a variety of industries and applications. Ever since, we have grown organically within the industry to haul freight for an extensive number of valued customers.
Our Logistics Division is proudly women-owned and managed, comprised of talented individuals in a rapidly growing firm, where each team member’s accomplishments are recognized and strengthened by supportive leadership.
The Logistics Account Manager is primarily responsible for maintaining and managing established key accounts, and continuously developing carrier and customer relationships.
Why work for us?
- Competitive, negotiable base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package with 401K and profit-sharing options
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays.
- Personalized one-on-one training.
- Individual and team monthly goals to maximize profitability.
- Awarded individual and team monthly prizes- win cash, gift cards, team dinners, and more!
- Exciting friendly and professional office
- Work-hard, play-hard business mentality – we care about your life outside work and believe in a positive work/life balance.
Primary Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide accurate quotes for full truckload, less than truckload, and intermodal shipments to help develop new business
- Establish account relationships, including booking shipments, tracking shipments, and order status, and work to design solutions to resolve any issues that may arise
- Utilize industry awareness to inform customers of current market conditions for improvement and growth opportunities
- Provide timely and informed customer support including booking shipments, tracking shipments, and order status
- Assist with claims/disputes
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels as one of the primary points of contact between the customer and Mill Corporation
- Ensure a high level of accountability & consistency in adhering to processing and communication
- Assist in creating new SOP’s, and determine Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for all new customers, and manage, ensure, and report on behalf of each customer
- Monitor carrier performance, lane history, and pricing for each quarter/season
- Develop, maintain, and grow carrier relationships
- Explore and develop carrier and warehousing relationships for export drayage
- Identify opportunities for new business by developing relationships with current shippers and receivers when providing shipping updates
- Contribute towards quarterly RFP’s, customer invoicing and payment tracking
- Data entry for Cost Analysis and running Cost Analysis for smaller accounts
- Support Sales department with daily administrative tasks
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience in a role with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Previous work experience in Logistics/Supply Chain as a freight broker, 3PL, or other relevant environment preferred
- Hours are 8 am-5 pm, flexibility for additional hours as work dictates.
- US Work Authorization (preferred)
Mill Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time (Onsite)
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus Pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19135: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 05:55:00 GMT
Apply for the job now!