Job Vacancy MID-LEVEL TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST I, OPT. S) State of Illinois
Job title: MID-LEVEL TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN (INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST I, OPT. S)
Company: State of Illinois
Job description: SPECIAL SKILLS
Agency : Department of Healthcare and Family Services
Job Posting ID: IS35465
Start Date: 01/26/2024
Closing Date: 02/09/2024
Salary: $6,230 – $9,370 (Anticipated starting salary non-state $6,230)
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
This position is a union position; therefore, provisions of the relevant collective bargaining agreement/labor contract apply to the filling of this position.
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the website. State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.
Posting Identification Number IS35465
Job Posting Details:
Are you looking for a rewarding career with an organization that values their staff? The Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT) is seeking to hire qualified candidates with the opportunity to work in a dynamic, creative thinking, problem solving environment. This position serves as a Mid-Level Telecommunications Technician supporting the telecommunications systems of the Department of Healthcare and Family Services. The ideal candidate will have experience with telecom hardware and software with strong communication skills.
If you possess these knowledges, skills, abilities, and experience, we invite you to apply for this position to join the DoIT Team!
As a State of Illinois employee, you receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Group Insurance benefits including health, life, dental and vision plans
- Flexible work schedules (when available and dependent upon position)
- 10 -25 days of paid vacation time annually (10 days for first year of state employment)
- 12 days of paid sick time annually which carryover year to year
- 3 paid personal business days per year
- 13-14 paid holidays per year dependent on election years
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- Pension plan through the State Employees Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Program – voluntary supplemental retirement plan
- Optional pre-tax programs -Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP) & Dependent Care Assistant Plan (DCAP)
- Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
For more information regarding State of Illinois Benefits follow this link: https://www2.illinois.gov/cms/benefits/Pages/default.aspx
The Department of Innovation & Technology (DolT) is the state’s IT agency delivering an enterprise approach to statewide technology, innovation and telecommunication services, as well as policy and standards development, lifecycle investment planning, and cybersecurity services. With over 1,500 employees, DolT delivers IT services and innovative solutions to customer agencies to improve services provided to Illinois residents, DolT offers employees the opportunity to advance their careers, develop new skills and reach their potential, both personally and professionally. DoIT is committed to promoting and preserving a workplace culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. We welcome and value employees with different backgrounds, life experiences and talents. It is the collective sum of our individual differences that provides a broad perspective, leading to greater innovation and achievement. In recruiting for our team, we recognize the unique contributions of each applicant regardless of culture, ethnicity, race, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, disability, and sexual orientation.
- Under general direction, serves as a Mid-Level Telecommunications Technician for the Department of Innovation & Technology (DoIT), supporting the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS)
- Consults with various bureau and users regarding the technically intermediate level of hardware appropriate to the applications required and the programs needed for optimum effectiveness of selected hardware
- Performs extensive maintenance of teleprocessing systems of intermediate complexity supplied by vendors
- Updates system software of technically intermediate scope and recommends new system for equipment inventory
- Serves as liaison with vendors for software and hardware solutions
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the Telecommunications field
- Updates documentation of serial numbers, property tag numbers, and location of all teleprocessing equipment
- Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above
- Requires knowledge, skill, and mental development equivalent to four (4) years of college with course work in computer science or directly related fields
- Requires one (1) year of professional experience in Telecommunications or a related Information Technology field
- Requires one (1) year of professional experience working with VoIP, electronic key, hybrid key, central office Centrex, as well as current improvements in same
- Requires one (1) year of professional experience working with voice, data and radio communications distribution systems such as fiber, category 6, ISDN, PRI T-1, wireless, or UHF/VHF/800/900 MHZ
- Requires one (1) year of professional experience using telecommunication equipment, systems and services
- Requires one (1) year of professional experience using personal computers and standard integrated software packages and related software
- One (1) year of professional experience working with VoIP, electronic key, hybrid key, central office Centrex, as well as current improvements in same
- One (1) year of professional experience working with voice, data and radio communications distribution systems such as fiber, category 6, ISDN, PRI T-1, wireless, or UHF/VHF/800/900 MHZ
- One (1) year of professional experience using telecommunication equipment, systems and services
- One (1) year of professional experience using personal computers and standard integrated software packages and related software
- Two years of experience communicating skills to present technical information to others with clarity and precision
- Two years of experience gaining and maintaining effective working relationship with associates, vendors, clients, and others
Conditions of Employment
NOTE: Applicants must possess the ability to meet ALL of the following conditions of employment, with or without reasonable accommodation, to be considered for this position
- Requires ability to travel in the performance of duties, with overnight stays as appropriate
- Requires ability to pass a name-based background check
- Requires ability to use agency-supplied equipment such as laptop, personal computer, work cell phone, etc. (mobile phone, laptop, etc.)
- Requires the ability to attend seminars, conferences and training to remain current on methods, tools, ideologies or other industry related topics relevant to job duties
- Overtime is a condition of employment, and you may be requested or required/mandated to work overtime including scheduled, unscheduled, or last-minute overtime. This requires the ability to work evenings and weekends
- This position is considered heavy work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor (20 CFR 404.1567(d)). Heavy work involves lifting no more than 100 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- The conditions of employment listed are incorporated and/or related to any duties included in the position description
Work Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
Work Location: 2200 Churchill Rd Springfield, IL 62702-3406
Agency Contact: [email protected]
Job Family: Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
This position DOES contain “Specialized Skills” (as that term is used in CBAs).
Use the “Apply” button at the top right or bottom right of this posting to begin the application process.
If you are not already signed in, you will be prompted to do so.
State employees should sign in to the career portal for State of Illinois employees – a link is available at the top left of the homepage in the blue ribbon.
Non-State employees should log in on the using the “View Profile” link in the top right of the homepage in the blue ribbon. If you have never before signed in, you will be prompted to create an account.
If you have questions about how to apply, please see the following resources:
State employees: Log in to the for State employees and review the
Non-State employees: on – click “Application Procedures” in the footer of every page of the website.
The main form of communication will be through email. Please check your “junk mail”, “spam”, or “other” folder for communication(s) regarding any submitted application(s). You may receive emails from the following addresses:
Expected salary: $6230 – 9370 per month
Location: Springfield, IL
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 23:17:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!