Job Vacancy Material Logistics Specialist American Airlines
Job title: Material Logistics Specialist
Company: American Airlines
Job description: Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 68842
This job will continue to be posted until at least 09-04-23. If interested, please apply prior to this date.
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Responsible for being a key reason why friends, family, and customers of American Airlines fly safely and on time.
- There are also opportunities for job growth and advancement, training, and working with many of the industry’s most talented aviation professionals.
What you’ll do
These are the essential functions of the job
This list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed when operationally necessary, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
Material Logistics Specialist EJF
- Maintain inventory within established specifications and in serviceable condition by following the appropriate procedure to exchange a broken tool, to request repairs, or to requisition additional supplies
- Check items handled against requisitioning or accompanying forms to identify any apparent mishandling, discrepancy, or other error
- Check tools for serviceability and expiration date
- Count physical inventory, checking minimums and maximums
- Identify objects by referring to parts catalogues, parts lists, location index, and company manuals
- Inventory and warehouse supplies, including tools and materials
- Issue items upon request to authorized personnel
- Load and unload items
- Pack and unpack items
- Place discrepancy items into a special action holding area (SAD)
- Receive and prepare parts and materials for shipment
- Requisition parts and materials
- Set up stock room/inventory facilities (e.g., determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location)
- Sort non-serviceable items into salvage or scrap bins according to their condition
- Stock and retrieve items according to company, fire safety, and “good housekeeping” regulations and practices
- Visually inspect items for defects, damage, or wear
What you’ll do (cont.)
- Complete proper paperwork to loan, borrow, or buy parts from other airlines
- Correct routine errors related to requisitioning and its accompanying forms
- Exchange information with Inventory Records personnel
- Give data on stock to Company personnel
- Provide support to management in the completion of audits, as needed
- Read and understand materials, such as FAA/OSHA regulations and packaging instructions for shipping out dangerous goods
- Report any discrepancies to Crew Chief or supervisor
- Report overdue items and shortages to Crew Chief or supervisor
- Drive motor vehicles and other stores equipment
- Obtain certification on and drive a forklift
- Operate storage equipment (e.g., parts chaser, tricycles, and other carts) in a safe manner
- Pick-up and deliver parts and materials to designated locations
- Use handhelds (e.g., iPads, scanners) to confirm receipt of company materials
- Use proper personal protective equipment (PPE) to perform work (e.g., harnesses or seatbelts)
- Use various tools (e.g., hammer, pliers, screwdriver, drill)
- Perform general housekeeping in work area
- Handle hazardous materials
- Sign for the quality of own work
- Maintain knowledge of and work with manuals, supply/parts catalogs, electronics parts tracking systems, and other parts ordering devices
- Maintain knowledge of tool Inventory and control systems, tool checkout, including shelf-life items and certification records
- Maintain security clearance, driver’s license, and Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge
- Coordinate with other employees and stakeholders to accomplish work tasks
- Receive assignments from Crew Chief or supervisor
- Properly complete forms, records, reports, and other paperwork
- Report to position on time, as scheduled, and at assigned station or location, including varying shifts, weekends, and holidays
- Perform all functions in accordance with safety procedures and policies
- Complete job-relevant trainings
- Adhere to government regulations (e.g., DOT, FAA, TSA)
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and performance standards
- Follow instructions from supervisor or Crew Chief, as applicable
- Perform duties that require general safety awareness (e.g., when working in an area with moving vehicles)
- Wear uniforms as required by company policy
- Use relevant electronic systems to complete work
- Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualifying individuals with disabilities.
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language or language native to geographical location.
- Applicants must have either successfully completed two years (equivalent) of college or have received a certificate from an acceptable trade/technical school or must have twelve (12) or more months of acceptable experience in a general warehouse or similar type supply function involving receiving, shipping and binning material by parts and serial number.
- Successful completion of all required qualifying tests; including hazardous material handling.
- Read and write legibly to complete forms and/or acknowledge messages, as well as identify Company part numbers, invoice, bill of lading, and shipper numbers, as required.
- Ability to distinguish colors.
- Use simple arithmetic (Addition and subtraction of six-digit numbers)
- Must have knowledge of and the ability to use basic computer skills.
- Expected to meet all qualifications as designated in the Material Process Specification Manual (MPSM) and satisfactorily demonstrate qualifications by successfully completing the applicable test(s) prior to the expiration of the probationary period.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in any weather conditions in accordance with Company Safety Guidelines.
- Must be willing to work extra hours when there are operational needs, such as weather delays.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays, and days off.
- Reports to work on a regular and timely basis.
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA).
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges.
- This job is subject to Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing. Your previous employers will be contacted to verify if you had any DOT drug violations and/or refusals to test for drugs or alcohol in the previous two-year period. Your DOT required urine specimen will be tested for the following substances: Cocaine, Marijuana, PCP, Amphetamines, and Opiates.
- Travel to the interview and any subsequent relocation expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 68842
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 23:13:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!