Job Vacancy Market Researcher – Technology, Media, and Telecommunication Industry AlixPartners
Job title: Market Researcher – Technology, Media, and Telecommunication Industry
Job description: At AlixPartners, we solve the most complex and critical challenges by moving quickly from analysis to action when it really matters; creating value that has a lasting impact on companies, their people, and the communities they serve. By understanding, respecting, and honoring the needs of our employees, clients, and communities, AlixPartners actively promotes an inclusive environment. We strongly believe in the value that diversity brings to our experiences and are committed to the perpetual enhancements of initiatives, policies, and practices. We hold ourselves accountable by providing the space for authenticity, growth, and equity for everyone.
AlixPartners has embraced a hybrid work model to provide flexibility and support our employees’ work-life integration. Our hybrid model combines a mix of in-person in an AlixPartners office and remote working.
What you’ll do
In this critical role on AlixPartners’ Corporate Services team, you will work closely with senior practice leaders as well as the Business Intelligence (BIC) team. The BIC Team provides insight and analysis through research, market and competitor intelligence, pitch support, prospect identification and account management for our industries, communities, and geographies. Our mission is to partner with our consultants in delivering insights and analysis to support in winning new business and delivering memorable results.
We are seeking candidates who have knowledge of the Technology, Media, and Telecommunication industry sectors, either from a line position or working in professional services. Candidates will want to work in a global, fast-moving, dynamic team collaborating with experts in the sector.
The Business Intelligence Specialist is a full-time role with a preferred location of New York, NY but will consider Dallas, TX and Chicago, IL. Paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Conduct research and analysis using various research tools including Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva, Statista, Gartner and Forrester.
- Perform analysis using various data sets and work with external research providers to ensure quality and timely delivery of financial, situation and performance analysis and research.
- Review connections to potential target clients and communicate results to consultants.
- Ensure effective communication and coordination with industry practice and Business Intelligence (BIC) teams.
- Provide ad hoc business development support and research assistance to the various service lines, which includes identifying best sources for industry data.
- Additional responsibilities as identified. This description is not designed to encompass a comprehensive listing of required activities, duties or responsibilities.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree with preference for business/financial concentration.
- 2-3 years of professional work experience preferred.
- Experience researching market trends and knowledge in the Technology, Media, & Telecom industry sectors, maintaining an “activist” investor mindset.
- Financial acumen and knowledge of financial markets (equity, private equity, VC, credit/debt) with the ability to analyze company performance and evaluation of company earnings.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities, and able to draw conclusions and resolve issues under tight time frames.
- Adept at working on multiple workstreams and with multiple stakeholders.
- Proficient to advanced PPT, Excel, and research database skills are fundamental to success in this role.
- Able to tell a compelling story from data in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience with programming, (Python, Alteryx), data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, and data management (SQL) a plus, not required.
- Database experience with Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Factiva, and open sources are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work outside of normal U.S. business hours, and as unique projects/needs arise.
- Ability to work full time in an office and remote environment; physically able to sit/stand at a computer and work in front of a computer screen for significant portions of the workday.
- Must become familiar with, and promote and abide by, our Core Values as defined by the AlixPartners’
and foster an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization.
The firm offers a comprehensive benefits program including health, vision, dental, disability, 401K, tuition reimbursement, identity theft protection, and mental wellness support. Employees will also receive a generous paid leave policy including vacation/personal time starting at 5.67 hours per pay period, sick time up to 80 hours annually, parental leave, and twelve holidays.
The hourly range for this role takes into account a number of factors and is between $35 – $45 with potential eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus.
AlixPartners is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. AlixPartners is a proud Silver award-winning Veteran Friendly Employer.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Sat, 05 Aug 2023 00:02:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!