Job Vacancy Manufacturing Engineer Coordinator American Axle & Manufacturing
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer Coordinator
Company: American Axle & Manufacturing
Job description: At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you’ll get to make a difference on day one. You’ll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM…and the world.
Job Posting Title Manufacturing Engineer Coordinator
Job Description Summary Manages multiple or complex engineering projects involving multiple functions or sites.Oversees project progress and costs; communicates status with stakeholders and participating functional areas; addresses and resolves problems.Coordinates personnel and resources to deliver projects for each deliverable within the project.Communicates with supplier and manages expectations. Ensures effective use of project controls and reporting mechanisms.Directs project staffing; motivates and develops project team. Provides leadership to the project team members.
- Achieves engineering operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, customer-service, safety, security, and health standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; identifying, developing, and implementing system improvements.
- Develops manufacturing operations plan by calculating equipment needs, process, and labor capacity and requirements; determining tooling and maintenance objectives and requirements; developing layouts; establishing priorities.
- Improves cost effectiveness by studying operations; designing and conducting improvement studies.
- Provides equipment, tooling, and maintenance services by planning, organizing, and evaluating operations.
- Maintains engineering records by designing document filing systems; updating equipment, processes, tooling, and maintenance databases.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Provides manufacturing engineering recommendations and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing manufacturing engineering data and trends.
- Contributes to manufacturing engineering and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Manages engineering employee outcomes by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors degree engineering or related field
3+ years manufacturing experience
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with nearly 80 facilities in 17 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail [email protected] . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 05:02:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!