Job Vacancy Manager, Transportation St. Louis, MO
Job title: Manager, Transportation
Company: St. Louis, MO
Job description: Overview
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
This position is in charge of planning, directing and coordinating all activities related to transportation. Handles domestic and/or International transportation request to meet customer needs. Responsible for evaluation and improvements of the transportation network.
Responsibilities Essential Duties
- Analyze, recommend and implement optimized transportation programs to reduce overall cost and optimize efficiency for movement of inbound/outbound shipments
- Ensure company compliance with all regulations and laws in accordance to the US Customs and Border Protection agency
- Manage the US base of freight carriers, customs brokers, freight forwarders, etc currently in use and potential new suppliers
- Work with BBraun freight group to analyze, recommend, and implement global freight agreements where possible
- Develop and implement a multi-year freight cost reduction program that will deliver yearly cost reductions to the US operations
- Work with product, operation managers on alternate product packaging configurations to optimize freight cost
- Maintain Homeland security (C-TPAT)
- Create/Monitor statistical reports to monitor freight volume and cost on a monthly basis.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Develops policies, programs, and procedures for transportation system, including schedules, rates, routes, assignment of drivers and vehicles, and other terminal operations. Challenges processes, and works with key contributors in the processes to maximize efficiencies, improve processes, and eliminate wasteful activities.
- Documents setup process, creates standard operating procedures, and adheres to standard payment processes that maximize freight cost visibility.
- Assures department is in compliance with transportation policies, procedures, and programs.
- Medical device industry experience
- Builds productive relationships with vendors, Accounts Payable, and freight/logistics owners, and process support people to share knowledge, manage vendor accounts, and resolve issues to ensure the organization meets its contractual obligations as they relate to freight payment.
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Contribute to creating a climate of trust, ethics, and accountability by effectively seeking out and accepting feedback from others.
- Possess the ability to exceed expectations with the customer in mind and take responsibility for driving key results as well as empower others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate behaviors that drive efficiency by understanding and improving processes as well as sharing best practices.
- This position has responsibility for transportation activities for Aesculap.
- This position is expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Select, train, motivate and develop a technical staff with experience to accomplish the team’s objectives.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect date, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain, Logistic or related field
- Transportation management experience – Minimum 10 years
- Supply chain and logistic experience – Minimum 10 years
- SAP or similar ERP system experience – Minimum 5 years (Preferred)
- APIC – CLTD certified
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Expected salary: $116000 per year
Location: Hazelwood, MO
Job date: Mon, 04 Sep 2023 07:21:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!