Job Vacancy Manager Supply Chain, International Transportation Express
Job title: Manager Supply Chain, International Transportation
Job description: Overview
About Express, Inc.
Express, Inc. is a multi-brand fashion retailer whose portfolio includes Express, Bonobos and UpWest. The Company operates an omnichannel platform as well as physical and online stores. Grounded in a belief that style, quality and value should all be found in one place, Express is a brand with a purpose – We Create Confidence. We Inspire Self-Expression. – powered by a styling community. Bonobos is a menswear brand known for exceptional fit and an innovative retail model. UpWest is an apparel, accessories and home goods brand with a purpose to Provide Comfort for People & Planet.
The Company has over 530 Express retail and Express Factory Outlet stores in the United States and Puerto Rico, the Express.com online store and the Express mobile app; over 60 Bonobos Guideshop locations and the Bonobos.com online store; and 13 UpWest retail stores and the UpWest.com online store. Express, Inc. is traded on the NYSE under the symbol EXPR. For more information about our Company, please visit and for more information about our brands, please visit , or .
This role responsible for managing external relationships with multiple parties including third party logistics partners as well as merchandise vendor counterparts. Internally, this role will liaise with multiple internal departments as well including Planning & Allocation, Merchandising, Production & Sourcing, Finance and others as needed.
As the Manager, International Transportation, you will be responsible for overseeing and optimizing the movement of goods and materials across international borders. Your primary objective will be to ensure the efficient and cost-effective transportation of products, while maintaining compliance with international regulations and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive transportation strategy for international shipments.
- Evaluate and select carriers, freight forwarders, and logistics partners to support our global operations.
- Negotiate contracts and service agreements to secure favorable terms and pricing.
2.Compliance and Regulatory Oversight:
- Stay informed about international trade regulations, customs procedures, and import/export laws.
- Ensure that all international shipments comply with local and international regulatory requirements.
- Manage import/export documentation and customs clearance processes.
- Supervise carrier relationships, ensuring on-time deliveries, and cost control.
- Monitor carrier performance and resolve any transportation-related issues.
- Continuously assess carrier performance and make improvements as needed.
- Develop and manage the transportation budget, seeking cost-saving opportunities.
- Implement cost-effective routing and shipping solutions to minimize expenses.
- Identify and reduce inefficiencies in the transportation process.
5.Inventory and Demand Planning:
- Collaborate with the supply chain and demand planning teams to ensure seamless international logistics.
- Optimize inventory levels to reduce carrying costs while maintaining service levels.
- Manage a team of transportation professionals, providing guidance, support, and training.
- Foster a collaborative and productive working environment.
- Risk Management:
- Assess and mitigate supply chain risks, including geopolitical, economic, and logistical factors.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies to ensure continuity of supply
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in international transportation and logistics management with 1-2 years at a Sr Analyst or Manager level.
- Strong knowledge of international trade regulations, customs procedures, and import/export laws.
- Excellent negotiation and contract management skills.
- Proficiency in transportation management software and supply chain tools.
- Strong leadership and team management capabilities.
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills.
- Results-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to work under pressure.
- Available for up to 30% travel
CRITICAL SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work well with ambiguity
- Ability to work well within a highly collaborative environment
- Clear/concise communication
- Strong ability to influence all levels of an organization
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing business strategies/needs and/or market conditions
An equal opportunity employer, Express, Inc. does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or any other terms and conditions of employment hiring on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected characteristic. Express, Inc. only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States. Express, Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation because of a disability to search and apply for a listed job position, please call 1-800-964-9793 and say ‘Associate Relations’ or send an e-mail to and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express, Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express, Inc. will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.
Location: Columbus, OH
Job date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 02:23:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!