Job Vacancy Manager of Permitting and Pre-Construction InProduction
Job title: Manager of Permitting and Pre-Construction
Job description: The InProduction team has spent the better part of the last decade combining the best seating and staging companies into a one-stop shop for most of what is needed to produce an event. Starting with SGA Production Services, we added and integrated T&B Equipment, CommuniLux Productions, Nussli U.S., and Seating Solutions to become today’s InProduction. These acquisitions have allowed InProduction to evolve into the largest provider of temporary seating, staging, structures, and scenic production for the United States events industry. Central are our people.
As an InProduction employee you are central to our sustained growth and success. We offer a rewarding career in a fast paced and exciting environment. Our employees demonstrate our core values in safety and quality every day while working to provide top notch service to our client partners. Whether working in the field, yard, warehouse, or office, InProduction offers a future with huge growth potential.
Come join us! Check out our web page
The Director of Project Engineering, Pre Construction is responsible for ensuring that products meet design requirements, industry standards, client expectations and comply with requisite industry and quality standards.
Also, the Director of Engineering and Permitting is responsible for preparing and submitting entitlement applications, permits, and agreements that allow for the installation of InProduction material & structures. Knowledge of municipal processes, codes, and ordinances, as well as frequent interactions with local governments and jurisdictions. You will work directly with our CAD designers, Sales, and Project Managers to acquire the proper permits and licenses so our crews can begin work on schedule.
This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering and Fabrication
- Lead technical design decisions with fabrication teams to ensure solutions meet client requirements.
- Provide technical leadership to all engineering and development areas.
- Provide leadership spearheading new projects that will support quality as well as commercial initiatives in new product development or design.
- Develop and implement a continuous improvement program for fabrication processes and product quality control.
- Work with fabrication leaders, Sales, and Project Managers to ensure that all products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Oversee the maintenance of all operating equipment, including, but not limited to, establishing preventative schedules, match and evaluate external vendors for repair and maintenance activities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to craft plans that achieve our company goals.
- Develop and implement the technical strategy taking into account the needs of the business and our clients.
- Work closely with fabrication teams to ensure that features are delivered on time and to the highest standard
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare and submit zoning and permitting applications. Follow applications through request process and respond to requests for additional information.
- Collaborate with design teams on permit drawings and construction documents related to required construction.
- Effectively communicate permit application status as requested.
- Serve as subject matter expert on state and local telecommunication municipal codes and related topics.
- Communicate with teams to ensure building permits are closed out at the completion of projects.
- Manage all aspects of compliance with the conditions of permit approvals from municipalities for the installation, maintenance, and continued operation of company projects.
- 2 years’ experience in a Director level position with demonstrated track record of success.
- This position requires moderate and broad technical skills.
- Experience and knowledge of scaffolding design.
- Experience and knowledge in general software architectures.
- Experience in a low to high volume, final assembly, fabrication environment.
- Ability to collaborate with vendors/suppliers.
- Ability to direct/work with a highly experienced staff, achieving outstanding performance.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) technical concepts, status, and capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- This position requires balancing multiple priorities, while maintaining consistent task direction to the appropriate organizations staff so they can be effective in execution.
- At least five years of site acquisition, site deployment and permitting experience (Required) with knowledge of state/city permitting requirements.
- Must be able to travel.
Job date: Tue, 08 Aug 2023 22:31:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!