Job Vacancy Manager II, Program Management, Global Transpiration Services, Transportation Execution Amazon
Job title: Manager II, Program Management, Global Transpiration Services, Transportation Execution
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Amazon, the most customer-centric company on earth, seeks a skilled manager to lead a team of transportation analysts at Global Transportation Services (GTS). GTS teams develop and implement innovative transportation and delivery management concepts that shape network execution.
The Global Transportation Services team (GTS) at Amazon is comprised of high-powered dynamic teams which are shaping network execution through the development and application of innovative transportation and delivery management concepts. The Transportation Execution Team within GTS is looking for a Program Manager (PM) to lead a team of transportation analysts to uphold stakeholder SLAs and to execute a high volume of network connectivity changes where priorities may evolve or change direction. The PM will ensure network changes are deployed in production correctly and within the specified timeframe through partnering cross functionally with multiple stakeholders. As PM, this individual will be responsible for the development and performance management of their team and will be the subject matter expert (SME) for this program. The PM will also partner with cross-functional teams to action specific drivers while maintaining or improving customer experience and transportation cost by meeting multiple deadlines with the highest standards. This position will manage multiple, competing projects, and effectively prioritize them.
Key job responsibilities
– Understand the NA Transportation network and become a Subject Matter Expert for driving process and tool improvements for the Transportation Execution Team
– Develops and coaches each team member assigned through performance management practices
– Creates an inclusive work environment that upholds Amazons core values
– Advises and trains transportation analysts to be able to Identify, analyze, and maintain key metrics, with trend and variance analyses to discern root cause of defects
– Collaborate with other Program/Product Managers, and Planners to continuously improve operations
– Create and maintain tools and reports that focus on KPI’s to support the future state of business processes and ensure sustainability and scalability
– Partner with internal teams, such as Planning and Configuration, to ensure network design manages Speed, Performance and Cost effectively
– Partner with external teams such as line haul scheduling and North America Fulfillment Centers (NAFC) to ensure SLA’s are met and lane changes are constantly communicated efficiently
– Manage multiple ongoing priorities and closely adhere to internal team and stakeholder SLAs
A day in the life
Amazon offers a full range of benefits that support you and eligible family members, including domestic partners and their children. Benefits can vary by location, the number of regularly scheduled hours you work, length of employment, and job status such as seasonal or temporary employment. The benefits that generally apply to regular, full-time employees include:
1. Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
2. Maternity and Parental Leave Options
3. Paid Time Off (PTO)
4. 401(k) Plan
Learn more about our benefits here:
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Tempe, AZ, USA
– 2+ years of team management experience
– 2+ years of program or project management experience
– 2+ years of working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams experience
– Bachelor’s Degree in Supply chain, Business, Engineering, Finance or related technical or quantitative field.
– 1+ years of supply chain experience
– 1+ years of working with computers and Microsoft Office products and applications experience
– Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including the use of pivot tables & charts and vlookup
– 2+ years work experience in logistics/transportation industry
– Experience using SQL and/or Python
– Knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps) and merging datasets at an advanced level
– Experience using data to understand root cause of issues and improve processes to prevent recurrence
– Experience communicating professionally and effectively with cross-functional stakeholders
– Experience in requirement gathering and ability to write clear and detailed requirement document
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $66,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $163,100/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Expected salary: $66500 per year
Location: Tempe, AZ
Job date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 02:24:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!