Job Vacancy Manager/Director, Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance Risk, Banking Consumer Compliance KPMG
Job title: Manager/Director, Financial Services Regulatory & Compliance Risk, Banking Consumer Compliance
Job description: The KPMG Advisory practice is currently our fastest growing practice. We are seeing tremendous client demand, and looking forward we don’t anticipate that slowing down. In this ever-changing market environment, our professionals must be adaptable and thrive in a collaborative, team-driven culture. At KPMG, our people are our number one priority. With a wealth of learning and career development opportunities, a world-class training facility and leading market tools, we make sure our people continue to grow both professionally and personally. If you’re looking for a firm with a strong team connection where you can be your whole self, have an impact, advance your skills, deepen your experiences, and have the flexibility and access to constantly find new areas of inspiration and expand your capabilities, then consider a career in Advisory.
KPMG is currently seeking a Manager/Director in Risk & Compliance – FS Regulatory & Compliance for our practice.
- Assist banking and non-banking financial services clients (payment processors, FinTechs, lenders, money service business entities, special purpose depository institutions among others) with addressing enterprise-wide compliance with one or a combination of the following: consumer protection regulations, safety and soundness, other guidance issued by federal and state regulators, and implementation and/or operation of risk management practices to prevent, detect, and/or remediate non-compliance
- Design and prepare presentations and reports, leveraging strong communication skills to present oral and written meaningful recommendations to clients
- Provide leadership, direction, and review the work of the team members working on assigned engagements to meet priorities, timelines, and expectations of the engagement leadership and client sponsor while supporting the development of compliance methodologies and solutions by addressing emerging compliance risks resulting from regulatory change, business transformation, and industry disruption
- Evaluate performance of resources against expectations for their role and level and provide mentoring and coaching to support their career development by supporting practice and people development initiatives which may relate to one or more of the following: recruiting, retention, and training
- Effectively manage the risk of projects through adherence with engagement administration, project management protocols, and KPMG risk management standards involving planning, budgeting, forecasting, status reporting, communicating with KPMG leadership, and documenting workpapers
- Proactively participate in business development efforts by identifying opportunities, developing, and maintaining business relationships with client stakeholders; developing and presenting proposals while remaining current on emerging industry and regulatory topics and trends during the delivery of engagements
Additional Responsibilities for Director:
- Lead business development efforts for primary target clients by identifying opportunities, developing, and maintaining business relationships with executives, as well as developing and presenting proposals
- Facilitate the development of compliance methodologies, solutions, and thought leadership pertaining to emerging compliance risks results from regulatory change, business transformation, and industry disruption
- Serve as a leader of the practice and people development initiatives including contributing to industry and regulatory publications, writing professional articles, and speaking about current compliance issues at external seminars
- Minimum of five years of recent and applicable work experience in financial services regulatory compliance with a focus on consumer compliance and safety and soundness regulations at a large financial institution, consulting firm, or a federal or state banking agency; professional designations, such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or commissioned examiner, are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with a preference for Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Law, MIS, Economics, or other qualified business-related degree
- Previous experience leading, managing people, teams, and projects
- Demonstrated track record of client service and business development
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Travel may be up to 80-100%
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Additional Qualifications for Director:
- Minimum of eight years of recent and relevant financial services consumer compliance regulatory work experience
- Progressive experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and complex projects
- Possess strong client service and client management skills, and a demonstrated track record of driving business development efforts in an advisory environment
Colorado Salary Statement:
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential hires who will work or reside in the state of Colorado if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data/ranges, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications (e.g. JD/technology), for example.
Colorado Salary Range: Low: $115900 – High: $248300
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
KPMG offers a range of medical insurance options to meet your needs as well as prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending accounts, and dependent day care flexible spending accounts.
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Up to 25 PTO Days per year (depending on job classification/level/years of service).
- 401(k) Capital Accumulation Plan
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Mortgage Assistance Program
- [email protected] Program
- MetLife Legal Plan
Job date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 22:51:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!