Job Vacancy Low Voltage Service Technician Wachter
Job title: Low Voltage Service Technician
Job description: Wachter’s greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
Wachter is accepting applications for Low Voltage Service Technicians for service work at various locations across the United States.
We seek self-motivated and reliable technicians for service and special installation projects, who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401(k) and IRA Retirement Savings
- Per-Diem paid when overnight travel is required
- Drive time and mileage paid for use of a personal vehicle when travel is required
- Company vehicles could be provided after an initial 2-4 weeks of employment
- Pay Rate $20 – $35
- Data Cable Technician with CAT5e, fiber optic, and network experience.
- Industry-specific certifications (BICSI, Systimax, Panduit, Beldon, Corning) are a huge plus.
- Duration and schedule of hours will vary daily. Example: Some days will be 0-4 hour shifts, while other days shifts could be 10-14 hours. Shifts can occur in early mornings, nights, and weekends depending on the customer’s requirements and scope of work.
- Flexible and willing to work on-call, early morning, day, night, and weekend shifts depending on the requirements of the job.
- Available for extensive travel, road warrior.
- Regional travel within a 2 to 4 hours radius is required daily. Travel beyond 4 hours will be required occasionally and may require hotel stays.
- Extended travel away from home may be necessary, typically not exceeding 1-2 weeks in duration.
- Experience in low voltage cabling, smart hands network replacement, telephony, CCTV, and point-of-sale equipment is a plus.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Knowledgeable in identifying independent colors and learning color codes.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
- Ability to operate a BOOM or scissor lift, and ability to work at heights.
- Has basic telecommunication tools, PPE, and reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of cabling infrastructure.
- Experience in conduit installation is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; no DUI or DWI in the last three years.
- Installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of various cabling infrastructure.
- Run low voltage cabling in commercial buildings, including drilling concrete walls and limited conduit work.
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Installing of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and innerduct.
- Conduct tests to ensure all newly installed cable systems and component devices are operational.
- Troubleshoot issues with the cable network.
$20 – $35 an hour
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
Follow us on , , , and .
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 04:48:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!