Job Vacancy Low Voltage Install / Combo Technician Wachter
Job title: Low Voltage Install / Combo Technician
Job description: Wachter’s greatest asset is the people who work here. Join the Wachter family and chart your career path!
Wachter is accepting applications for Low Voltage Install / Combo Technicians for project and service work at various locations across the United States.
We seek self-motivated and reliable technicians who can work independently and find solutions to complete the job. Long-term employment with competitive pay and exceptional benefits for qualified candidates. We value relationships and invest in our employees.
Benefits Package: Company Paid!
- Medical, Dental, Prescription & Vision Benefits
- Life, AD&D, and LTD insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Teladoc & TriaHealth
- Company-Matched 401K and IRA Retirement Savings
- Per-Diem paid when overnight travel is required
- Drive time and mileage paid for use of a personal vehicle when travel is required
- Company vehicles could be provided after an initial 2-4 weeks of employment
- Hourly wage range of $25-35/hour based on experience
- Experience as a Low Voltage Cable Technician.
- Knowledge and experience with CCTV, Point-of-Sale, Security, and Alarm Systems is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Point-of-Sale systems, TV / monitor, and media player installations is a plus.
- Industry-specific certifications are a huge plus (BICSI, Siemon, Panduit, Belden, Corning).
- Knowledgeable of all industry standards (NEC, TIA/EIA, BICSI)
- Available for extensive travel, road warrior.
- Flexible and willing to work on-call, day or night shifts as the jobs require.
- Experience reading blueprints and site maps.
- Ability to consistently complete projects within budget, on time, and in a safe manner.
- Knowledgeable in identifying independent colors and learning color codes.
- Execute advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces.
- Ability to operate a BOOM or scissor lift and work at heights.
- Has basic telecommunication tools, PPE, and reliable transportation.
- Must have knowledge of cabling infrastructure.
- Proficient with the use of smartphones, laptop computers, including email, spreadsheets, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent customer relationship and communication skills; verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; no DUI or DWI in the last three years.
- Experience in conduit installation is a plus.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintenance of various cabling infrastructures.
- Provide basic setup, installation, and testing services for the following: Phone Systems, Wireless systems (AP, Antennas), and Network devices (routers, switches, servers).
- Run low voltage cabling in commercial buildings, including drilling concrete walls and limited conduit work.
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations.
- Perform site surveys, and develop scope of work and materials list.
- Installing of cable support structures such as j-hooks, cable racks, and innerduct.
- Conduct tests to ensure all newly installed cable systems and component devices are operational.
- Troubleshoot issues with cable networks to ensure the proper functioning and to ensure the system meets local, county, state, or federal codes; legal and/or insurance requirements.
- Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by Wachter, our customers, or OSHA.
- Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which your supervisor may assign.
$25 – $35 an hour
Wachter is a family-owned company since 1930 and we see each employee as a critical piece of the Wachter Family. With over 900 licenses across the country, Wachter serves commercial and industrial clients with the right technologies needed to keep them successful.
We design, install, and maintain the technologies that keep businesses operating efficiently. Our team of dedicated electricians, engineers, and technicians provides electrical, data, security, communications, and automation services to clients in numerous industries.
Follow us on , , , and .
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Expected salary: $25 – 35 per hour
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Sat, 02 Sep 2023 05:03:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!