Job Vacancy Logistics Supervisor – 2nd Shift TE Connectivity
Job title: Logistics Supervisor – 2nd Shift
Company: TE Connectivity
Job description: At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
The Warehouse and DC Supervisor is responsible for warehouse activities including shipping and receiving raw materials and/or finished goods and maintaining inventory and associated records. People management responsibilities include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, conducting performance appraisals, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Manages the financial performance of the distribution center and warehouse including inventory transactions, overtime, staffing, and expense budgeting.
- Oversees the storage of raw materials and components.
- Receives component materials for plant usage and ships Finished Goods to centralized distribution center.
- Leads the cycle counting and material handling activities for the plant.
- Utilizes problem solving techniques, team building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet key operating metrics.
- Responsible for managing employee performance, including hiring, evaluation, and discipline processes.
- Schedules and monitors inventory cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Maintain adherence to company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices.
- Developing and maintaining departmental procedures and work instructions for all tasks.
- Establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet warehouse and manufacturing requirements.
- Continuously improve warehouse and distribution center operations through the use of lean practices.
- Conferring with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments and serving internal customers
- Keeps equipment operating by enforcing operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; requiring preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain Mgt, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business Management or related field preferred or 2+ years experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in warehouse/manufacturing supervision.
- APICS certification in production and inventory management is highly desirable.
- Solid working knowledge of SAP and ERP software systems.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, six sigma and JIT methodology
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Able to perform under pressure.
- High sense of the urgency and ability to provide service to internal customers
- Must be proficient in the English language
Building Effective Teams
Managing and Measuring Work
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57,200 – $85,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Tullahoma, TN, US, 37388
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 107724
Location: Tullahoma, TN
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 05:37:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!