Job Vacancy Logistics Specialist (Rail) Kansas City Southern
Job title: Logistics Specialist (Rail)
Company: Kansas City Southern
Job description: Logistics Specialist (Rail) Tracking Code 50021902-08252023 Job Description
Logistics Specialist (Rail)
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
This position supports the development and delivery of the Transportation Service Plan (TSP). It works in coordination across all departments in order to develop operational strategies that help to control and reduce operational costs. This position is responsible for scheduling integrity in Management Control System (MCS) and generating analysis to support decision making.
- Reviews data models and trends to develop tactical planning
- Coordinates associated financial indicators, trends, and analysis related to train and terminal matters
- Understands relevant business metrics to apply effective tactics in sustaining a culture of operational efficiency
- Demonstrates operational excellence by knowing and applying business requirements
- Demonstrates customer focus and contingency planning to meet stakeholder expectations
- Supports ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests from the business
- Trains customers on how to use and improve CPKC systems
- Exemplifies CPKC Vision, Values, and Culture in interactions with teams, clients, and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management or Business Analytics preferred
- Minimum 2 year’s experience with Business Intelligence systems and proficiency in MS Excel
- 1 year railroad experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- Flexible team player who thrives in a fast-paced work environment and open to occasional weekend and after work hours as per business requirements
- Critical, out of the box thinker, problem solver
- Growth mindset with a commitment to lifelong learning
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Employer Funded Retirement Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Part-time Studies Program
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Drug Test Elements:
CPKC is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. All new hires are required to undergo a drug screen. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping CPKC safe and drug free.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Last 3 years of driving history
- Last 7 years of employment history; includes military service
- Social Security number verification
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
#LI-ONSITE Job Location Kansas City, Missouri, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Location: Shreveport, LA
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 23:35:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!