Job Vacancy Logistics Specialist I Murphy USA
Job title: Logistics Specialist I
Company: Murphy USA
Job description: Job Posting
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Logistics Specialist will be involved in all aspects of the carrier and fuel terminal relationship, including negotiating costs, site assignment, daily communications, score carding and monitoring carrier adherence to all Murphy USA policies, state and federal regulations. Additionally, the Logistics Specialists acts as a liaison with multiple fuel carriers to execute the delivery of fuel product to specific retail locations. This position may also be responsible for some cost and spread analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicate and negotiate with current and prospective fuel carriers to obtain quantifiable decreases in transportation costs and reduce the overall cost per gallon.
2. Negotiate rates that minimize excessive freight and accessorial charges for the company.
3. Review fuel volume track reports to ensure supply contract compliance.
4. Complete monthly scorecard to measure carrier performance metrics and communicate with carriers on their performance.
5. Conduct ongoing analysis of assigned market area to determine the day’s supply strategy based on market move.
6. Negotiate and execute day deal contracts up to 5,000 barrels for fuel products when economics are favorable.
7. Conduct ongoing analysis to determine when arbitrage opportunities are available.
8. Manage and remediate cross drops and ensure proper billing to the responsible party to recoup costs.
9. Execute the winter diesel additive program.
10. Interact daily with the trading and scheduling group to determine product availability and plan around product outages to ensure adequate supply to retail locations.
11. Monitor the bio-diesel market and determine when it is economically favorable to blend bio-diesel.
12. Handle all supply and transportation issues while performing on call duties one week per month.
13. Monitor industry trends via electronic and print media.
14. Conduct analysis to ensure proper purchasing, distribution and transportation of fuel.
15. Productive carrier selection, relations and management to ensure less outages and reduce excessive charges and execution issues.
16. Attend trade functions to follow trends through internal and external communications with peers.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Store Number/Dept Number
239902024000 – Fuels Marketing – Supply
Location: El Dorado, AR
Job date: Wed, 29 Nov 2023 23:50:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!