Job Vacancy Logistics Specialist Ecolab
Job title: Logistics Specialist
Job description: Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, is seeking a Logistics Specialist! This role is responsible for data entry, cycle counts, researching, correcting inventory errors and assisting with problem pick tickets and warehouse location accuracies.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
to see our benefits.
What You Will Do:
- Performs data entry to release, moves into location or adjusts inventory through computer software
- Addresses departmental paperwork and conducts physical searches/researches of missing products
- Manages receiving schedule of inbound shipments for vendors
- Assists in researching discrepancies on cycle counts
- Assists shipping departments with problem pick tickets
- Determines shipping method for material using knowledge of shipping procedures and rates
- Reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes
- Uses a warehouse management system and prepares accurate bills for outbound freight
- Works with establishment representatives to rectify problems such as damages, shortages and nonconformance to specifications
- Tracks departmental data and generates applicable reports as needed
- Stores shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Plant location: Clearing, IL
- Work week and shift: First shift, variable hours between 7am and 5pm
- Compensation package offered: $21 / hour
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 months in an administrative, inventory, production or supply chain support role
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Previous experience in a warehouse, transportation, shipping and receiving related capacity
- Previous experience in a customer service position
- Previous forklift operating experience
- Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a team player
- Strong communication and mathematical skills
- Strong attention to detail
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Expected salary: $21 per hour
Location: Chicago, IL
Job date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 01:09:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!