Job Vacancy Logistics Specialist Bosch
Job title: Logistics Specialist
Job description: Company Description
The Bosch Group is a leading global supplier of technology and services. It employs roughly 402,000 associates worldwide (as of December 31, 2017). The company generated sales of $88.2 billion in 2017. Its operations are divided into four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology.
As part of the Mobilitity Solutions division, the Florence KY plant is one of the world’s leading automotive steering supplier locations. Robert Bosch Automotive Steering LLC is growing in the market and continues to innovate and develop new products to meet customer needs.
The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the execution of an economical transportation system for the entire supply chain related to BOSCH Florence, KY – Customers and suppliers.
- Execute all traffic activities including domestic/import/export shipments and all related documentation. Interact daily with internal & external customers and suppliers
- Align, Execute, and support TMC transportation strategy to optimize the freight cost and delivery efficiency:
- Feasibility of new milk run and truckload routes
- Track carrier performance and work with LSP for corrective action
- Negotiate carrier agreements to assure cost and performance targets are met
- Manage and provide delivery appointments for international shipments in co-ordination with 3PL management of domestic inbound transportation.
- Maintain OCDS file with necessary information.
- Align, Execute, and support international inbound traffic, which includes air freight and ocean containers.
- Align, Execute, and support inbound delivery appointments and issue log with warehouse 3PL.
- Initiate and co-ordinate all domestic traffic that is outside of TMC scope of business
- Support LSUSF Customs Compliance which includes – Initiate and submit all Free Trade Documents required by LSUSF customers for the export of our products.
- Determine Harmonized Tariff numbers for imported goods through IRQ submission
- End user responsibility for SAP system P94 – GTS documents
- Audit entries made to Customs on LSUSF’s behalf by Customs brokers
- Support back-up responsibility for ECO-L tasks.
- Execute the freight chargeback process to ensure responsibility for premium freight is allocated and recovered – AETC file.
- Execute the damaged freight process to ensure cost recovery and take corrective action with carrier.
- Align, execute, and support MSR and ISTAR process at FleP
- Regularly represents the company through written and verbal communication, as well as personal visits to various traffic-related companies.
- Support CIP activities and Policy Deployment objectives.
- Support Traffic lead and group leader on all applicable traffic related projects
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year College or University Preferred; or 2-3 years related experience in Traffic or related experience. Their experience should be gained in areas of transportation management and/or inbound planning.
Possess the ability to create a vision to support achievement of the department’s mission and objectives. This would include understanding of strengths and weaknesses of the organization along with its challenges, defining the priorities and strategy to fulfill specific objectives of the department and organization.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Individual must possess the interpersonal skills to communicate clearly with coworkers, have the ability to solve complex problems, deal with very diverse issues and logistics related concerns. Individual must have the ability to work effectively within a global Matrix-based organization and with multi-cultural teams.
- Basic language skills required.
- Basic math skills required.
- Individual must have ability to make independent decisions that may be of a complex nature.
- Works under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Must have Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook software. Must be capable of learning other software packages (Ex: SAP, Axalant, and Test Software).
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Possess the ability to work in an office environment, which could include sitting or standing for most of the day. Responsibilities include the need to lift, carry, push, and pull material on an infrequent basis. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Robert Bosch Automotive Steering, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $73,000-$77,000. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on several factors, including, but not limited to, work experience and job knowledge, complexity of the role, job location, etc. In addition to your base salary, Bosch offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision plans; health savings accounts (HSA); flexible spending accounts; 401(K) retirement plan with an attractive employer match; wellness programs; life insurance; short and long term disability insurance; paid time off; parental leave, adoption assistance; and reimbursement of education expenses. Learn more about our full benefits offerings by visiting: . Pay ranges included in the postings generally reflect base salary; certain positions may include bonus, commission, or additional benefits.
Expected salary: $73000 – 77000 per year
Location: Florence, KY
Job date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 22:24:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!