Job Vacancy Logistics Specialist, Bilingual FedWriters
Job title: Logistics Specialist, Bilingual
Job description: Job Title: Logistics Specialist, Bilingual (Active Secret Clearance)
The purpose of this position is to support the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) program offices to provide a broad range of general facilities administrative and logistics support functions for FinCEN program offices.
- Assist logistics coordinator, warehouse specialists, and other team members when needed to provide wall to wall property inventory and meet project schedules.
- Assist Facilities Manager with planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments for new and existing FinCEN space in VA and DC locations.
- Assist in managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards, including First Aid Kits, Fire Extinguishers, AEDs, etc. on a quarterly basis.
- Oversee multiple-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, and security.
- Work directly with Facility and Property Management Specialist to provide administrative office support to management and executive staff for planning, coordinating, and executing facilities support functions as well as daily conference room setups.
- Conduct inventory and provide acquisition for a wide variety of supplies and equipment.
- Vast knowledge of financial tracking using Excel database to track project progress and produce quarterly reports.
- Prepare UPS shipping labels for outgoing packages and deliver incoming; assist program offices in the execution of construction contracts and employee relocations; and plan and prepare transportation schedules using FinCEN’s Self Service Database.
- As needed, serve as back-up person in the mail room to receive, x-ray, sort, scan, deliver and pick up mail as needed both in the DC office, Treasury, and Post Office.
- Provide regularly scheduled status reports, risk/issue management and the identification of lessons learned. In addition, perform project scheduling such that project activities and other agreed upon actions are tracked and properly reported upon.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field is required.
- An active Secret clearance is required.
- Individual must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- 1-3 years previous experience in industry research tools and methodologies.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of Google analytics and data analysis tools, and a quick learner on various other computer applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift up to 25-30 pounds.
Work Setting and Environment:
- Monday through Friday, Normal Business Hours.
- FinCEN in Vienna, Virginia, and commute to various FinCEN offices in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area.
- On-site federal contractors, in federal buildings or on federal lands must comply with CDC guidelines with respect to wearing masks, maintaining physical distance, and other public health measures.
How FedWriters Will Compensate and Appreciate You:
FedWriters provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; a matching 401(k) program; generous Paid Time Off (PTO); STD; LTD; life insurance; and more!
FedWriters abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a), and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
FedWriters is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race; ethnicity; religion; gender; age; national origin; marital status; sexual orientation; gender identity; family responsibilities; matriculation; physical or mental disabilities; political affiliation; genetic information; status as a protected veteran; or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in applying for employment with FedWriters and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for the position, please call (703) 872-7848. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis. FedWriters is a federal contractor seeking veteran referrals.
Location: Vienna, VA
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 02:13:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!