Job Vacancy Logistics & Purchasing Express Employment Professionals
Job title: Logistics & Purchasing
Company: Express Employment Professionals
Job description: Share
Located in Roseburg, OR
We are looking for a motivated and organized Logistics Assistant to join our Logistics/Purchasing teams to help us continue to exceed our customers” expectations. Previous experience in the trucking industry is a plus.
Full time, $18-$20/ HR DOE
- Assists to coordinate, monitor, and track goods in transit to ensure timely delivery of finished goods to support Manufacturing Production Schedules.
- Communicates well with internal scheduling personnel, drivers, and customers.
- Monitors the progress of shipments and resolves any problems that may arise.
- Maintains accurate records of all shipments.
- Works with other departments to ensure a smooth and efficient transportation process.
- Helps to coordinate with purchasing suppliers and vendors to ensure that orders are placed on time and that prices are competitive for manufacturing materials and supplies.
- Prepares purchase orders for necessary manufacturing materials and supplies.
- Maintaining purchasing and logistics records for manufacturing materials and supplies.
- Works with vendors ensuring that supply, quality, and cost expectations are met.
- Works with purchasing team members and plant leadership to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained in order to meet production demand.
- Seeks, evaluates, and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintains computerized procurement records, such as items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories to ensure component, standard cost and lead time are maintained within the system.
- Resolves vendor service and quality problems.
- Builds and maintains positive, long-term supplier and customer relations.
- Previous experience as a trucking industry dispatcher or logistics assistant is helpful. Experience in purchasing wood, fiberglass, solid surface materials, and/or metals is a plus.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Outstanding organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to multitask, set priorities, and self-manage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all other departments – Logistics, Production, Accounting, Engineering and Scheduling
Express Office: Roseburg
741 Northeast Garden Valley Boulevard
Roseburg, OR 97470
Location: Roseburg, OR
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:19:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!