Job Vacancy Logistics Planner Arquus
Job title: Logistics Planner
Job description: Organization
Brief Job Description:
- Analyzes requirements, releases orders, and negotiates with suppliers according to needs determined using our MRP system
- Negotiates with suppliers regarding reduced lead times, eliminated minimums and lot sizes, delivery frequency, and packing and transportation modes and conditions
- Analyzes, supports and implements the proper operation of the computerized data system in relation to both supplier and company needs
- Analyzes the impact of changes or additions of new parts. Determines effective points so as to minimize obsolescence and shortages
- Calculates latest possible end dates for the introduction of new parts and provides engineering and purchasing with these dates to ensure deadlines are met
- Issues corrective action requests to suppliers in relation to logistics issues
- Reviews management parameters for logistics sector to meet service, shortage and inventory turnover objectives
- Takes action to dispose of obsolete or surplus material
- Analyzes requirements and determines releasability parameters
- Follows up on order delivery
- Monitors returns, repairs and reworked parts
- Support and participate in continuous improvement efforts
- College diploma in administration, logistics management, supply management, industrial management or production operations management preferred
- 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Visio; MRP manufacturing system an asset
- Excellent communicator and team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Skillful negotiator
- Uses sound judgment and initiative; persistent, results focused
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For this position, the base salary range is set at $51,000-$69,900, and where applicable, bonus eligible. The range for this role, as well as final salary offered, is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, work-related knowledge, certifications, skills, education, and experience. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer an array of additional benefits and programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier. We will gladly share this information and more at any time during the interviewing process or as part of your offer letter.
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- State-of-the-art training and personal development
- PTO and tax deferred retirement plans, varied by business
Travel Required (maximum)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Nova Bus, part of the Volvo Group, is one of North America’s largest providers of sustainable transit solutions.
Our team of more than 1,500 employees in three factories (Saint-Eustache and Saint-François-du-Lac in Quebec and Plattsburgh in the New York State) works in partnership with some of the largest public transit companies in Canada and in the USA.
Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference?
Help electrify transportation by joining the team!
Last application date
US Disclaimer text
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Expected salary: $51000 – 69900 per year
Location: Plattsburgh, NY
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 01:24:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!