Job Vacancy Logistics Operations Supervisor Kroger
Job title: Logistics Operations Supervisor
Job description: Company Name: Kroger Logistics
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Primarily responsible to coach and mentor their assigned staff within the Kroger Transportation Center (KTC). Contribute to a team environment by planning and supervising the operations of the KTC. Identify and communicate clear expectations for their direct reports. Help remove obstacles in the way of achieving results and establish a sense of urgency for self and team to act decisively and solve problems. Provide supervisory support and technical assistance to the KTC and other divisions. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions * Supervise, coach, mentor, direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback
- Develop staffing schedules for KTC
- Assist in developing process and performance improvement initiatives
- Effectively communicate with various customers of the KTC, including Supply Chain Managers (SCM), procurement, transportation providers, distribution centers, suppliers, etc.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining various Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Responsible for regularly reporting performance of the KTC
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential job functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications * 2+ years experience with progressive responsibilities in a logistics environment
- Ability to lead and coach others
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs
- Ability to resolve complex issues in a changing environment
- General knowledge of financial or statistical concepts as related to budgeting and reporting
- Ability to travel independently (up to 25%)
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays on a regular basis
Desired Previous Experience/Education * Bachelor’s Degree in equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in KTC Operations or similar operation
- Proven ability to lead, train and motivate a team and ability to develop others
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Advanced knowledge of carrier, store, and warehouse operations
- Advanced knowledge of buyer/procurement practices and supplier relationships
- Proficiency with TMS and Routing Systems, Procurement and Web applications
- Experience in project management or supervisory role
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MI || Romulus || 15675 Wahrman Rd. || 48174 || Kroger Logistics || None || Logistics/Supply Chain || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Location: Romulus, MI
Job date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 22:56:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!