Job Vacancy Logistics Manager Skywire Holdings Inc
Job title: Logistics Manager
Company: Skywire Holdings Inc
Job description: Job Description
The Logistics Manager is responsible for managing GiGstreem’s inventory and logistics, overseeing fulfillment, warehousing, transportation, and fleet operations. In addition to day-to-day management, this position will focus on creating, improving, and documenting processes, engaging with vendors to drive efficiencies, managing employees, and leading department projects.
Logistics Manager responsibilities include but are not limited:
- Manage the supply of required goods and materials through the management of inventory stocking including the development of forecasts, negotiation of material price, creation of purchase orders and the approval of invoices.
- Liaison and negotiate with manufacturers, suppliers, partners, and customers to direct, optimize and coordinate the full order cycle.
- Manage all GiGstreem shipping and receiving including selecting carriers, negotiating contracts and rates, and ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Supervise and monitor all in-transit goods and materials, ensuring timely receipt of inventory and establishing chain of custody documentation.
- Develop and lead all warehousing operations ensuring inventory compliance while exceeding industry average turnover rate, shrink, and other determined KPIs.
- Manage all GiGstreem inventory across internal and third-party warehousing and contractor warehouses through the development and enforcement of inventory cycle counts quarterly inventory and routine audits.
- Perform analysis to ensure effective utilization and turnover of inventory including purchasing the right equipment and maintaining correct stock levels.
- Review and documentation of existing processes while evaluating and developing new processes, policies, and procedures to successfully achieve requirements including driving efficiencies and reducing costs.
- Evaluate company ERP and inventory systems, working with IT and other cross-functional groups to develop current and new system enhancements.
- Responsibility for all fleet management functions including setting policies and procedures, managing compliance, and ensuring efficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach, and complete performance management for employees.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in operations, supply chain, or other management fields.
- 5+ years experience in management, operations, supply chain/logistics, and leadership.
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash-flow management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all employee and management levels.
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Results-oriented work ethic and leadership.
- Strong business negotiation skills.
- Proficient in CRM, ERP, Billing, and other enterprise systems.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office: Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
This position qualifies for an employee health care plan, PTO, and other full-time benefits
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job date: Mon, 05 Sep 2022 05:16:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!