Job Vacancy Logistics Manager – Dedicated Transportation Ryder
Job title: Logistics Manager – Dedicated Transportation
*The physical work location of this role is located in Savannah, GA. You must be willing and able to commute to this location if you wish to be considered for this opportunity.*
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH RYDER!
If you are up to the challenge, Apply Now to work for one of the largest and most respected names in Logistics, Transportation, Fleet Maintenance and Supply Chain Services in the World!
The Manager Logistics is responsible to manage all activities associated with the efficient operation of accounts. This includes P&L responsibility, ensuring customer satisfaction, compliance, employee relations and safety.
In addition to a comprehensive benefit package, a 401(K) Savings Plan with a company match, discounted stock purchase options and performance-based annual cost of living increases, we are proud to offer:
- Comprehensive training and the ability to continue your professional development
- Regional and local Ryder resources to help guide and support as we grow this offering.
- The stability and peace-of-mind that comes with working for a World-Class, Fortune 500 organization that has been in business for over 85 years with over 36,000 employees worldwide.
- 12 weeks of paid maternity leave.
- Additional day of Paid Time Off for Military Veterans.
We are seeking the best and most promising candidates to provide creativity, agility and superior customer service that will exceed our Customer’s expectation. If you possess a strong work ethic and a burning desire to succeed and grow your career, then we have an opportunity for YOU!
You MUST be willing to commit yourself to align with our core values: Trust, Innovation, Expertise, Collaboration and Safety. The ability to embrace and utilize Technology as part of your daily routine is crucial.
In addition, YOU are the management and professional representative of the Ryder organization.
If your work experience and/or education aligns with the Requirements and Responsibilities listed below, APPLY NOW!!
- Manage the performance of salaried employees as well as hourly paid employees under his/her responsibility, resolve performance issues, and ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with senior management and customers to determine their needs and expectations and operate the account to meet those demands.
- Be responsible for the payroll of employees.
- Analyze weekly and monthly P&L statement to determine account profitability, and provide financial data and weekly operations report to senior management.
- Be responsible for accounts payable, vendor quotes for purchased materials, and customer invoicing.
- Hold Safety & Security meetings, provide safety training and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work on a flexible schedule on the various work shifts
Skills and Abilities
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Strong leadership and motivating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual, English and French (for Quebec locations only)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills within a diverse team environment
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, structure and schedule tasks to maximize effort and meet deadlines
- Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word required)
- Excellent knowledge of Transportation and/or Warehouse Logistics operations advanced required
- Excellent knowledge of safety and security requirements advanced required
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain preferred
- Three (3) years or more relevant experience in supply chain, logistics, warehouse or industry related field required
- Two (2) years or more managing and leading direct reports required
- Excellent knowledge of Transportation and/or Warehouse Logistics operations. advanced required
- Excellent knowledge of safety and security requirements. advanced required
DOT Regulated: No
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you’re looking for an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we’re the right company for you.
Job Category: Logistics
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
Location: Savannah, GA
Job date: Sun, 03 Dec 2023 08:24:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!