Job Vacancy Logistics Manager Assa Abloy
Job title: Logistics Manager
Company: Assa Abloy
Job description: ASSA ABLOY’s Architectural Hardware Group is looking for an experienced Logistics Manager to manage the logistics operations for our Hardware Group sites. Working with our operating units as well as our Divisional Logistics and Supply Management teams, you will be responsible for development and implementation of best in class logistics practices which support the organization’s goals to meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Implement and execute industry-standards and best practices to reduce costs, improve customer experience, enable scalability and business growth.
- Seamlessly collaborate and work across multiple factories and transportation teams (internal and external) to implement solutions
- Lead/support changes within logistics to ensure the effective adoption of the re-engineered processes and systems by process owners
- Measure transformation results to ensure adherence to the goals. Take appropriate corrective actions or continuous improvement for any deviation
- Work closely with the Director of Logistics for the Americas and AEH & AG entity logistics point person
- Support the development and implementation of divisional and group level strategy
- Solve complex problems by providing thought leadership and influencing skills
- Prepare reports and presentations
- Train site logistics team members as needed
- Maintain KPI metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements within Logistics and Shipping Departments
Factors of success
- Drive 3%-5% year over year cost savings
- Achieve best in class lead-time performance (inbound and outbound)
- Identify and bring forward industry best practices in logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in transportation, logistics & distribution. Experience with all modes including Parcel, LTL, TL, FB, air and ocean
- Knowledge of freight audit solutions and processes
- Ability to execute organizational change by driving partnerships and alignment across the organization
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams and influencing stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and interpret large data sets for decision support
- Able to work with minimal direct guidance or direction
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Develop KPI’s that monitor activities, drive savings and behavior changes
- Travel expectations: During the initial training period travel will be up to 35%. Once established in the role, regular travel of 10-15% can be expected.
Who we are looking for
- This role is part strategic and part tactical. Need someone willing to roll up their sleeves
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP, Power BI
- Effective communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proven ability to plan, organize, and effectively manage people
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others
- TMS experience a plus
What we offer
We’re passionate about providing amazing opportunities and benefits, so that you can enjoy a lifelong career with us. We are proud to offer:
- Continuous professional development opportunities and an environment that fosters internal growth and mobility
- Competitive compensation and benefits package which includes multiple healthcare options, tuition reimbursement, and matching 401k
- Generous holiday schedule and paid time off to refresh and recharge
- Employee pricing on our products and discount programs for travel, entertainment, and more
We review applications regularly, so don’t hesitate, apply today!
ASSA ABLOY is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veteran
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 52,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.
New Haven, CT, US, 06511
Location: New Haven, CT
Job date: Thu, 06 Jul 2023 22:57:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!