Job Vacancy Logistics Management Trainee Ryder
Job title: Logistics Management Trainee
We are immediately hiring a Logistics Management Trainee (3rd shift) for our Supply Chain Solutions division in Desoto, TX. Apply here today to speak with a Recruiter about the position and perks of joining our Ryder Ever Better Team.
- Pay Type: Exempt / Salary paid Twice Per Month
- Annual Salary Pay: $50,000 – $52,000 per year based on experience
- Driver management/ transportation
- 3rd shift (9pm-7am)
When Fortune 500 businesses and new startups need supply chain solutions, they look to our industry-leading logistics experts. At Ryder, there is more to being a supply chain professional than working on some of the nation’s biggest brands. We make sure you are also getting the diverse experience, advancement opportunities, all from an industry-leading Fortune 500 company.
Here are a few of the many benefits when working with us:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits start at 30 Days
- 401 (K) Savings Plan with a company match
- Discounted employee stock purchase options
- Quality employee discounts that actually save you money on tools, cars, appliances, travel and more
- All major holidays paid and Paid time off within your first year
- Up to 12 weeks paid maternity leave
Apply Here With Ryder Today
We want YOU to join our family made up of Proud Women and Men in Logistics who work alongside Military Reserve and Veterans we hire every day!
Click here to see all Opportunities at Ryder:
Logistics Management Trainee, during the 9-12 month training program, you will participate in a program centered around three fundamental pieces: on-the-job learning where you will apply your knowledge immediately, structured/foundational learning centered around logistics, and team-based learning with other future leaders. You will get exposure to multiple customer locations within the region for foundation knowledge of different operations and customer focus. Upon conclusion of the training, you would be expected to be willing and able to relocate within a specific geographical area to broaden your knowledge and skillset.
We are seeking individuals who display curiosity, innovation, and leadership to better our service to our customers, our team, and to themselves. We run business that does not stop; therefore, we need you to respond to safety or operational issues outside of normal business hours as they arise
Under the direct supervision of one of our Logistics Managers in is responsible to supervise, coordinate and oversee the logistics operations. The successful candidate must be able to provide recommendations for improvements to the facility, equipment, machinery, and processes. They will be accountable for meeting customer service expectations with their team of associates
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of employees to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Understand key levers for account profitability; create, update, and present customer specific reporting and financial analysis; and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Learn financial aspects of the job that are applicable, learn how this role connects to the financial stability of the account. Learn to create connection points and build trust for new hires in onboarding, orientation, and training
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective leadership skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Possess the curiosity to learn things on their own while building relationships that broaden knowledge and develops collaboration
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required College degree/Technical Certification required in Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
- One (1) year involvement in extra-curricular activities that demonstrate leadership skills required
- One (1) year previous internship experience preferred. preferred
#FB #li-post #indexempt
Job Category Operations and Support
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
Expected salary: $50000 – 52000 per year
Location: DeSoto, TX
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:23:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!