Job Vacancy Logistics Management Specialist Federal government of the United States
Job title: Logistics Management Specialist
Company: Federal government of the United States
Job description: Summary
About the Position: This is a military technician position with the 807th Medical Deployment Support Command (MDSC), 311th Field Hospital, 256th Field Hospital, 307th Medical Brigade, located in Blacklick, Ohio.
This position requires an active membership as a Soldier in the Army Reserve before a start date can be set. To learn more about minimum qualifications to join the Army Reserve, visit
- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
06/28/2023 to 07/11/2023
$59,456 – $77,290 per year
Pay scale & grade
1 vacancy in the following location:
Yes—as determined by the agency policy.
Occasional travel – The business travel requirement is 20%.
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes-Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the Government.
Job family (Series)
Position sensitivity and risk
Trust determination process
This job is open to
- Serve as a Logistics Management Specialist in an Army Reserve Battalion or equivalent size unit.
- Provide staff logistical support in areas such as supply, procurement, property accountability, transportation, equipment, maintenance, food service, and/or lodging.
- Review requisitions submitted through automated logistics systems.
- Plan for and direct activities concerned with supply distribution and use of unit equipment.
- Identify supply problem areas and determine required corrective action.
- Provide input to budget requests submitted by subordinate units for logistical requirements.
- Provide information to leadership on the findings of evaluations, reports, and summaries.
- Establish procedures for operation of the Command Supply Discipline Program (CSDP) and conduct training for subordinate elements.
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- THIS POSITION REQUIRES ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP AS A SOLDIER IN THE U.S. ARMY RESERVE (USAR).
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment/Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment to the Gun Control Act of 1968.
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is .
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes developing and executing programs to ensure maximum utilization of logistical resources; provides guidance/assistance on logistical matters to units located within the organization; provide logistical support in areas of supply, procurement, property accountability, transportation, equipment, and/or maintenance/facilities; conducting staff visits; preparing special and recurring reports; and recommending the disposition or redistribution of excess equipment/materiel. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-07).
Education: Master’s or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as Logistics, Advanced Supply Chain Management, Business Law, and Service Management.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) beyond the first year (total graduate semester hours minus 18) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Resources
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Supply Support
- Training and Training Support
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the
information sheet. * This is a Career Field (CF) 13 – Supply Management position.
- You may claim military spouse preference.
- If a MSP applicant is determined best qualified and selected, placement must be at the full performance level for priority consideration.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit
for more information. * If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an
. * Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Expected salary: $59456 – 77290 per year
Location: Blacklick, OH
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 07:34:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!