Job Vacancy Logistics Human Resources Manager Kroger
Job title: Logistics Human Resources Manager
Job description: Company Name: Peytons
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Peyton Southeast, a proud member of the Kroger family of companies, is looking for a Human Resources Manager to be part of our team. At Peyton Southeast, we offer the resources and benefits of a Fortune 500 company while maintaining a hometown atmosphere centered around teamwork, support, and development. Peyton Southeast is in the city of Cleveland, TN, which is the largest city in Bradley County in the Great Appalachian Valley. We have been in business under the Kroger name since 1979 and currently service approximately 870 grocery stores focusing primarily on moving dry goods and prescription drugs.
Why Work at the Peyton Southeast?
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional, and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, vacation, mental health resources, associate discounts, and opportunities to learn, grow and advance.
What We Offer:
- Competitive wages, including an annual bonus potential.
- Full benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- Generous time off.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee discounts at all Kroger stores nationwide.
- Many other perks.
Bilingual (Spanish) a plus!
Provide leadership and direction for the Logistics Human Resources function. Drive Talent Management to continually improve individual and organizational effectiveness. Create a work environment that enhances associate safety, relations and productivity. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build diverse teams who work to achieve business objectives by promoting collaboration, coordination and teamwork
- Participate in the development of site strategies, goals and objectives
- Facilitate the Performance Management Process utilizing the Kroger Leadership Model (KLM)
- Manage succession planning process for appropriate associates
- Oversee diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Lead the process of recruiting associates including the selection and hiring process.
- Develops and maintains effective associate relations programs that result in enhanced associate engagement
- Act as liaison and company spokesperson with government agencies and third party vendor
- Serve as a member of negotiating team, and work to resolve grievances in a manner which promotes company goals and objectives at organized facilities
- Strive to effectively solve problems for the mutual benefit of the company and its associates and provide education and direction for management on contract interpretation, labor relations principles and effective conflict resolution.
- Communicate in a manner designed to minimize conflict and foster a positive relationship between management and associates
- Oversee the safety process
- Manage Total Rewards programs according to company directive
- Oversee policies, procedures and human resources information systems to ensure compliance
- Responsible for compliance with corporate policies, government regulations and contractual obligations
- Serve as a member of the site Leadership team
- Accountable for programs to promote retention
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications/Education Requirements:
- 3 years Human Resources experience
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and influencing skills
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Ability to travel independently (less than 25%)
- Level 8 – below 500 associates
- Level 9 – above 500 associates
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Previous HR experience in Supply Chain
- Human Resources Certification (SPHR, PHR)
- Bachelor’s Degree
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Midwest; Mountain; South; West
States: Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Northern Mariana Islands; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Palau; Pennsylvania; Puerto Rico; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Keywords: Human Resources Manager, Human Resources Leader
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TN || Cleveland || 153 Refreshment Ln-App Ind Pk || 37311 || Peytons || None || Human Resources || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None
Location: Cleveland, TN
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 22:35:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!