Job Vacancy Logistics Financial Analyst Chiquita
Job title: Logistics Financial Analyst
Job description: POSITION TITLE: Logistics Financial Analyst
Chiquita currently has a great opportunity and is looking for a detail oriented and highly analytical professional who excels under the demands of a fast-paced environment. The Logistics Financial Analyst position is a key role in the control of expenses and supervision of financial performance for Chiquita’s U.S. Ports and Transportation Operations.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics, U.S. Ports and Transportation, the Logistics Financial Analyst will also be responsible for the supervision of two (2) direct reports. The role will focus on ensuring timely payment processing, budget expense analysis, and control of our 5 U.S. Ports and Transportation Department, to achieve financial targets. The position will require regular travel to our 5 U.S. ports to understand necessary controls and implement operational procedures to meet company objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and manage the centralized Operations Budget for each U.S. Port and Inland Freight.
- Control expenses vs budget and responsible for preparing the monthly variance analysis vs budget.
- Administer contracts and rates in Chiquita’s systems (MCS & LRP) to guarantee proper billing and cost controls.
- Maintain weekly volume reports of Ports and Inland Freight activity to measure financial performance.
- Weekly follow up with Billing and Credit & Collections teams, for review of cargo claims, equipment damages, and operational delays to mitigate negative financial impact to the company.
- Supervision of two (2) Billing Coordinators to guarantee timely and proper coding of invoices versus the approved budget.
- Oversight of vendor invoicing and statement of accounts to guarantee proper control of expenses and cash flow.
- Monthly review of the Payment Run to Vendors to ensure timely payment, control expenses and cash flow.
- Liaison between U.S. Ports and Latin America Ports for recovery of expenses from vendors for equipment damages and storage errors.
- Perform operational audits to validate the existence of proper business controls for the services being invoiced by vendors to Chiquita.
- Manage special projects and Capex for U.S.. Ports and Inland Freight.
- Support the Logistics’ operations by providing recommendations and making effective decisions based on data analysis.
- Identify key risks and opportunities by analyzing data to plan, forecast, and improve efficiency in supply chain operations.
- Support management of inventory by providing analysis of financial reports.
- Owner of Inland Freight P&L by providing monthly analysis and of financial performance and variance compared to budget.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in port and terminal operations, transportation, cold storage, systems implementation, and budget management. Experience managing claims is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Administration, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or Engineering required. Graduate level degree preferred.
- Six Sigma, Lean Certification(s) are a plus.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work internal and external colleagues across all levels.
- Critical and analytical thinker with meticulous attention-to-detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to interpret large and complex datasets and translate data into useful information to support decision and provide insights into Logistics operations.
- Manage competing workflow priorities based on company’s needs and meet tight deadlines to achieve departmental objectives.
- Advanced Excel skills, with emphasis on VLOOKUPS and Pivot Tables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel 20% annually and work remotely from our 5 U.S. Ports.
- Maintain a high level of integrity, ethics, professionalism, and discretion always.
- High level of work ethic with the ability to take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Exhibit a high level of business acumen with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Open to consistent learning, development, and embracing new challenges.
This position requires satisfactory passing of a drug test in accordance with Florida Statute § 440.102.
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Job date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:26:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!