Job Vacancy Logistics Engineer I/II/III Sappi
Job title: Logistics Engineer I/II/III
Job description: Career Opportunity
Sappi North America, Inc., headquartered in Boston, is a market leader in converting wood fiber into superior products that customers demand worldwide. Our four diversified businesses – Packaging and Specialty Papers , high-quality Graphic Papers, Dissolving Pulp, deliver premium products and services with consistent quality and reliability. We deliver sustainable Packaging and Specialty Papers for luxury packaging and folding carton applications with our single-ply packaging brands and for the food and label industries with our specialty papers. Our high-quality Coated Printing Papers are used for premium magazines, catalogs, books, direct mail and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Dissolving Pulp, which is used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods. We are one of the world’s leading suppliers of Casting and Release Papers with lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries.
Sappi North America is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 12,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 150 countries.
Position (job title): Logistics Engineer I/II/III
Department: Supply Chain
Work Site: SSC South Portland
This position is responsible for the day-to-day analysis and optimization of logistics operations which includes ensuring that the processes, technology, and/or infrastructure to support the efficient and cost-effective execution of distribution are in place. This position develops business cases that evaluate transportation routes, modes, and rates, warehouse and transportation operations, and distribution requirements planning. The incumbent will also focus on building relationships with customers and logistics service providers. In addition, the Logistics Engineer troubleshoots operational issues to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery to our customers.
This individual will work across organizational boundaries, with sales personnel, and with the customer themselves to better understand the needs of the business and to establish innovative programs to better serve the interests of the customer and Sappi. They also work with procurement services to evaluate and purchase logistic services and work with legal and financial staff to ensure compliance. The Logistics Engineer is responsible for the accuracy and quality of the flow of material through the various distribution channels and physical inventory and that standard practices are employed.
- Utilizes project management and problem-solving skills to assess the effectiveness of current logistics and/or transportation processes.
- Determines improvements, evaluates cost, and coordinates institutionalized change.
- Investigates and implements new technologies and information systems.
- Analyzes Logistics network optimizing delivery times and cost of delivery.
- Analyze vendor proposals, pricing structures, and performance criteria to make recommendations and assists with the buying of logistics service.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures and performance standards.
Minimum Education and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Business Studies, or equivalent job-related experience. Advanced degree or Supply Chain certification preferred.
- Minimum 2 to 7 years experience preferred with proven leadership skills
- Knowledge of computer-based design and analysis tools – route optimization, simulation, work measurement, spreadsheet, and database analysis
- Strong background in engineering, math, analytics, and visualization or optimization techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, self-sufficient and self-directed.
- Capable of building strong relationships across organizational boundaries
- Familiar with logistics contracts and tariffs, warehousing, and inventory management
- Familiarity with international logistics operations and trade compliance
- Advanced knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning, Manufacturing Execution and ,Microsoft 365. SAP experience preferred
- .Some travel may be required
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Bethany M Kurlanska
Contact Information: Bethany Kurlanska , [email protected]
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: South Portland, ME
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 07:36:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!