Job Vacancy Logistics Distribution Coordinator HF Sinclair
Job title: Logistics Distribution Coordinator
Company: HF Sinclair
Job description: Basic Function
HF Sinclair is seeking a Logistics Distribution Coordinator who can plan, schedule, and coordinate the movement of assigned refined products and/or intermediates from the source of supply to the bulk point of sale to ensure continuity of marketing supply under limited supervision.
- Crisis management for situations that involve conflicts that arise out of products being off specification, short/long term refinery/logistical problems that cause product outages, customer complaints, human error that causes product outages, etc.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates oil movements and/or various light oil and/or heavy fuel oil products associated with the appropriate refinery by railcar, and/or truck
- Provides constant monitoring of assigned light oil and/or heavy fuel oil product inventories which may include daily monitoring of oil movements, inventory positions and communicating with appropriate departments
- Schedules rail and/or truck movements
- Nominates product movements or tendering loads with appropriate terminals or truck or railcar carrier and enters nomination in TSW/TMW
- Maintains good working relationships with transportation carriers, pipeline customers, exchange partners, suppliers and/or third party pipeline personnel. Work with blenders, traders, schedulers to maximize product movements and values for The HollyFrontier Companies
- Ensures accuracy of all invoices and cumulative balance are kept at a minimum
May include some or all of the following:
- Works closely with Supply and Light Oils management to capture market values
- Monitors and coordinate feedstock inventories and deliveries that are moved ontrucks, and/or railcars
- Works with Customs Brokers when exports to foreign countries occur
- Identifies areas that would benefit product movements or product sales of the Company’s light oil products and improve purchased prices for pipelined feed stocks. Take ownership in sale/purchase/movements of mentioned products to help improve refinery profits
- Maintains close communication with Manager and other key personnel informed of conditions, activities and trends in area of responsibility which may have an impact on the business
- Represents the company at industry functions
- Works closely with trader to manage product exchanges with other refiners
- Produces daily inventory position report for all three refineries
- Analyzes and researches demurrage bills by using Bourque system and railroad websites (for accurate billing)
- Provides back up support to railcar and truck scheduling
- Helps determine alternate routings for oil movements
- Prepares, generates and distributes tariffs information internally and externally
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
One to ten years of transportation/distribution or scheduling experience in the energy/oil and gas industry is required.
An Associate’s degree in a technical or related field or equivalent years of work experience in lieu of a degree is required for individuals with one to three years’ experience. For individuals with four-plus years of experience, a Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is required.
Advanced analytical and research skills required to analyze various data. Intermediate knowledge of the Company’s business process including but not limited to tank farm blending, loading, transfer, inspection and shipping procedures, product marketing, refining procedures, invoicing, and cash to order business process. Intermediate to advanced computer skills particularly in MS Excel to provide written reports and spreadsheets as well as the ability to learn new programs such as internet rail programs. Interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills are necessary to create mutual respect with peers and a positive work environment. Knowledge of safety, environmental and transportation regulations and procedures, capable of writing effective instructions. Ability to maintain positive and productive working relationship within department and with other departments. Ability to communicate effectively with others, both wirtten and verbal communication, ability to perform intermediate mathematical calculations, advanced reading and writing skills.
SAP TSW, BI, ECC functional/end user experience preferred. Bourque railcar tracking system experience preferred.
Office based with occasional refinery visits from time to time and with travel up to 30% by land and air required. Petroleum refinery/industrial environment, including but not limited to, working near moving mechanical parts and/or rotating equipment, petroleum products, chemicals, pressure vessels, and/or tanks. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise finger and hand movements, reaching or grasping. Job conditions may require standing, walking, and wearing personal protective equipment.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation (“HF Sinclair”), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 22:39:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!