Job Vacancy Logistics Coordinator – Remote Position RPE
Job title: Logistics Coordinator – Remote Position
Job description: RPE is seeking a motivated, detailed driven individual to join the Logistics Team as a Logistics Coordinator! You will be working in a fast-paced environment where you will meet exciting new challenges each day. In this role, you will be responsible for acquiring transportation services for shipment of customer orders under time, quality and pricing standards.
RPE offers team members an array of benefit options starting on your first day!
This is a remote role and are open to location, however the preferred candidate would reside in one of the following states (WI, CA, IL, FL, or CO).
Hours: Core hours can vary on business needs. This role requires flexibility to take calls on some evening and weekends to troubleshoot and ensure delivery of products.
What qualifications are desired?
- 3 years of demonstrated customer service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated application and navigation of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions in a timely manner
Essential Job Duties
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with carriers and brokers
- Negotiates with transportation companies for competitive freight rates to secure best delivery, quality and price while maintaining targeted freight rate margins
- Understand and be able to use basic math application to calculate freight rates
- Provides accurate and timely freight quotes to sales team for spot sales and bids
- Understands customer wide networks and transportation modes to align available capacity with customer needs
- Understands Hours of Service (HOS) requirements to identify pick-up and delivery opportunities which assist in meeting customer needs and transporting freight in a timely manner
- Expands distribution routes to consistently cover current/new customers and target areas
- Provides directions/instructions to carriers as needed
- Updates carriers, customers, sales team and storage/packaging facilities on loading and arrival times
- Coordinates and communicates effectively with sales teams about purchase orders, pricing and transportation issues
- Resolves any claims with loading/delivery charges, rejections, trouble loads or diversions in a professional manner
- Manages transportation brokerage bad debt at less than 10%
- Tracks lumper fees and pallets for accurate billing
RPE is an EEO Employer
Location: Bancroft, WI
Job date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 07:06:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!