Job Vacancy Logistics Coordinator EBSCO
Job title: Logistics Coordinator
Job description: At Luxor, we create an innovative and forward thinking culture that our employees love, and our products reflect this. As a manufacturer of innovative workspace product solutions that are sold to the commercial, educational, industrial and other end markets, we are constantly developing functional products that are value priced. Under our Stand Up Desk Store brand, we create workspace furniture solutions that nurture a healthy and collaborative work environment.
The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the international inbound and domestic outbound logistics movements required for the import of products from international vendors, and the shipments to domestic customers from our DC operation. The international responsibility of the position tracks & validates open Purchase Orders placed with suppliers against estimated completion dates and coordinates an appropriate import logistics solution with our freight forwarders and drayage partners while balancing timeliness and costs. This position will be responsible for tracking inbound containers and providing appropriate reports and updates to our distribution centers. The Logistics Coordinator will also coordinate with our Customs Broker on the clearance of shipments through US Customs and the required documentation. The domestic responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the coordination of outbound TL/LTL out of all DC’s in the network, coordinating international outbound working with production and shipping in the DC’s. Responsible for troubleshooting difficult shipments, as an example verifying accessorial, quoting, troubleshooting invoices for all customers when discrepancies occur, collecting/analyzing data on performance of on time, quality, damage, and providing recommendations to the organization. Interact as a liaison between Logistics and Transportation, Sales, Customer Service, and Order Management providing real time information on quoting, tracking, POD’s, and service. This position will interact with many teams daily to ensure consistent flow of inventory from our suppliers to our distribution centers, as well as the consistent flow of goods to our customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND Responsibilities:
Functional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the appropriate import booking assignments with suppliers and freight forwarders while balancing and optimizing speed and costs
- Coordinates consolidated shipments with suppliers and Purchasing to achieve appropriate shipping solutions
- Consolidates weekly shipping reports from suppliers and sourcing associates; updates estimated ready dates as required
- Updates systems and reports with inbound shipping details for organizational awareness and visibility
- Coordinates the clearance of inbound shipments with customs broker to include updating necessary paperwork, product and system information
- Ensures supplier compliance with company, freight forwarder and customs broker shipping documentation requirements
- Expedites open Purchase Orders as required; provides shipping cost estimates and lead times as required
- Works closely with all domestic outbound distribution areas including sales, OE/CS, DC’s, Transportation companies
- Provides quoting information on LTL/FTL shipments, including international ocean & airfreight shipments
- Generates and reviews reports (metrics, usage, audit, KPI, etc.) for vendor management scorecards
- Troubleshoots shipments that have been delayed
- Provides carrier performance on quality, timeliness, and cost
- Stay current on logistic market trends and updates.
- Meets all deadlines as established in coordination with manager
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills and teamwork; assists other team members where possible
- Works on projects and tasks requested by the department manager
- Participate on company process improvement and continuous improvement programs
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Proven ability to adapt to changing circumstances and short term, time sensitive requirements
- Strong decision making abilities to balance competing interests with changing circumstances
- Self directed and detail oriented; takes a proactive approach to solving problems
- High attention to detail and ability to organize information
- Successful in working in a team setting with a variety of people across an organization; will need to work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Education Requirements:
- High School diploma required, College degree preferred
- Work History Requirements:
- 3-5 years import logistics, domestic outbound distribution (LTL/FTL), sourcing, and/or purchasing work experience, in a manufacturing or distribution setting or freight forwarding experience
Computer equipment and level of software requirements:
- Intermediate Level of Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Intermediate ERP systems experience
Specific Knowledge, licenses, certifications REQUIRED:
- Proficiency with Microsoft products
- Participates in all mandatory employee training (safety, etc.)
PHYSICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Usual office working conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex, pregnancy status, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
Location: Gurnee, IL
Job date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 22:46:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!