Job Vacancy Logistics Category Analyst HollyFrontier
Job title: Logistics Category Analyst
Job description: Basic Function
HF Sinclair in Dallas, TX is seeking a Logistics Category Analyst who can lead one or more logistics services under limited supervision (truck, rail, marine, terminals/warehousing, and/or 3PLs). Leads the six-sigma strategic sourcing process to execute the commercial plans to leverage volumes for the best total cost and provides analysis and data to support holistic approach to supplier/carrier selection – safety, capacity, service, cost, innovation, and flexibility. Work with and drive improvement with key suppliers/carriers in regards to their performance, risk and relationship.
- Leads rate/pricing/spend analysis requests for assigned categories
- Leads vendor qualification process for assigned categories.
- Identifies and drives improvements within assigned categories to achieve maximum productivity, cost effectiveness and efficiency.
- Single point of contact for invoicing/billing questions/issues for assigned categories/vendors.
- Facilitates contract execution process for assigned categories.
- Maintains close communication with Manager and other key personnel, keeping all informed of conditions, activities and trends in area of responsibility which may have an impact on the business
- Leads logistics category sourcing events.
- Executes vendor set up and ensures rates/routes are maintained and accurate in all systems.
- Supports/Leads supplier/carrier relationship management process, supplier/carrier performance reviews, and supplier/carrier development initiatives. Identifies supplier/carrier risks and category implications.
- Conducts industry and market research to understand assigned categories and creates reporting for category managers and business stakeholders.
- Conducts savings tracking activities and reports realized savings on a continuous base; ensures realized savings tie back to departmental budgets.
- Researches and extracts spend data from HollyFrontier systems and creates meaningful reporting to identify trends, performance metrics and issues.
- Assists and provides input in the design and interface with the business of multi-year category management plans.
- Works with technical resources to plan and test system reporting and ensure data is accurate and timely.
- Partners with key internal/external stakeholders to support logistics systems roadmap.
- Assist in the planning, design, and execution of strategic sourcing activities; facilitates the bidding (RFI/RFP/RFQ), supplier selection, and negotiation process.
- Leverages use of Transportation Management Systems and related technologies and infrastructure to drive business value.
- Validates and monitors price adjustments and communicates changes to the affected stakeholders.
- Provides pricing information and analysis as needed.
- Leads special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their superior or other local VP’s or managers, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion.
One to three years of experience in Logistics, Procurement, Transportation, Finance, or Supply Chain is required.
One to three-year experience in oil and gas refining, chemicals, energy, and/or heavy manufacturing industry.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree, is required.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Excel (e.g., V-Lookup, pivot tables); written and verbal communication; and strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Projects comfort and credibility across assigned logistics modes.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently with changing priorities.
- Able to facilitate stakeholder and supplier collaboration.
- Ability to communicate with others, both written and verbal communication and across multiple department lines and manage third party locations.
- Advanced reading and writing skills, and ability to perform advanced mathematical calculations.
- Embraces fact-based decision-making; naturally seeks to leverage and/or integrate market data, spend analytics, and cost modeling.
- Able to connect and build long-term trusting relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills; strong listening skills; naturally inclusive in decision-making environments.
- Easily accepts constructive input from others.
- Aptitude for, and/or interest in, the operational and technical challenges common to a major refining and lubricants company.
- Works well in multi-regional settings; able to facilitate teamwork across boundaries.
- A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate themselves and others.
Knowledge of logistics spend categories. Experience with SAP and/ or logistics systems (TMS, Freight Audit and Payment, Sourcing). Financial management and legal experience with complex contracts.
Office based with travel required up to 20% by land and air with occasional visits into a refinery environment. Subject to varying road and weather conditions.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting or carrying up to 25 lbs., pushing or pulling up to 25 lbs., perceiving color differences. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
Our One HF Sinclair Culture:
At HF Sinclair, we are united through our One HF Sinclair Culture, which is underpinned by our five core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Ownership and Inclusion. Developed to empower our people, our five core cultural values are at the heart of everything we do and extend to how we engage our stakeholders. These values influence our decisions, shape our behaviors and keep us connected across the entire organization.
We maintain a true Safety culture for our employees, communities, environments and customers. Our goal is to make sure everyone returns home safely each day. We have a long-standing commitment to Integrity and ethical behavior and do what is right for our employees, investors, communities and the environment. We encourage employees to Step Up and Stand Out by championing a culture of Teamwork and Ownership. We foster a culture of Inclusion by encouraging diversity of experiences, viewpoints and backgrounds. What makes each of us different, together makes us stronger.
About HF Sinclair Corporation
HF Sinclair Corporation (“HF Sinclair”), headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent energy company that produces and markets high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel, renewable diesel and other specialty products. HF Sinclair owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming, Washington and Utah and markets its refined products in 19 states principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. HF Sinclair supplies high quality fuels to more than 1,300 Sinclair branded stations and licenses the use of the Sinclair brand at more than 300 additional locations throughout the country. In addition, subsidiaries of HF Sinclair produce and market base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, and export products to more than 80 countries. Through its subsidiaries, HF Sinclair produces renewable diesel at two of its facilities in Wyoming. HF Sinclair also owns a 47% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HF Sinclair subsidiaries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
HF Sinclair Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.
Location: Dallas, TX
Job date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 04:12:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!