Job Vacancy Logistics Branch Manager – Clearfield, UT Watco
Job title: Logistics Branch Manager – Clearfield, UT
Job description: The Branch Manager of Highway Logistics will be responsible for the commercial and operational development of the highway portion of the Watco Supply Chain Services portfolio. It will be critical for this leader to develop services that are a) demanded by customers, b) complementary to existing Watco competencies, c) offer above average revenue and profit growth rates. This position has broad responsibilities including sales and operations. The Branch Manager position represents a leadership role within the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop operating plans
- Determine verticals or niches to begin developing competencies in.
- Develop the operating capability of the branch
- Insure balanced investment approach between business development and operations
- Develop or review detailed financial plans
- Work with other Watco operating units to develop joint approaches to customer development and growth
- Deliver cost effective solutions that always keeps the long-term interest of the customer as the first priority
- Create a high-performance team atmosphere that fosters innovation, high productivity, and low turnover
Leadership and Supervision
- Responsibilities include hiring, training, scheduling and managing through positive and negative turnover situations
- Effectively supervise and manage direct reports, providing team leadership and motivation
- Ensures team performance to annual goals and objectives
- Evaluate and communicate employee performance levels through formal and informal procedures including biannual evaluations
- Ensures annual team member performance reviews are conducted in a timely and effective manner. Evaluates performance of team members for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives
- Helps set the tone of the department to ensure service focus, morale, team-work, and a positive culture
- Regularly schedules leadership/management, department, and staff 1:1 meetings to provide leadership, development, and a forum for communication to ensure coordination and collaboration in meeting organization and individual goals
- Minimum of 10 years of professional highway transportation business development and operations
- A 4-year college degree in a relevant field; or commensurate industry experience
- Significant highway service knowledge, including demonstrable direct relationships with key personnel in the Fortune 500 organization set
- Demonstrably business development and sales successes
- Demonstrable operations knowledge
- Strong organization, project and personnel management skills
- Must possess expert level PC skills- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Self-starter capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision
- Record of business acumen improving financial results for business
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Experience managing a profit center
Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, team members, managers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The team member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
TRAVEL: Up to 25%.
Location: Clearfield, UT
Job date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 22:25:24 GMT
Apply for the job now!