Job Vacancy Logistics Analyst Vertiv
Job title: Logistics Analyst
Job description: Job Description:
Vertiv is hiring a Logistics Analyst in Westerville, OH or McAllen, TX to provide overall support to the Logistics organization to research, identify and implement procedures to better optimize the overall efficiency of Liebert’s supply chain and specifically logistics activities. Perform tasks that relate to the strategic management of carrier performance to include on-time delivery, on-time pick-up, and performance to contract requirements. Provide support to internal customers (manufacturing, materials, engineering, marketing, finance, service, and others).
- Lead in Supply Chain Optimization programs, but not limited to, on-boarding suppliers, monitoring leakage, providing tracking and expedite assistance, training, supplier engagement, etc
- ISCO (ocean)
- RSCO – NA (ground)
- ASCO (air)
- X-dock programs
- Identifies Economic Order Quantity parameters, particularly for materials subject to international transportation.
- Analysis of premium freight spend and implementation of programs and training to minimize the need for such premium freight usage and to shift to less premium modes.
- Development, implementation, maintenance and procedural documentation of freight cost and transit time calculators
- Maintain Inbound and Outbound Routing Guides covering both domestic and international shipping activity
- Work with operations, materials, and other functional groups on 3PL needs; warehouse sourcing; contract negotiations; special projects as needed
- Develop and implement carrier performance strategies to manage carriers to meet objectives of on-time delivery, on-time pick-up, cost reduction, and service.
- Ensures carriers meet performance objectives.
- Manage carrier changes to ensure continuous logistics flow and realization of cost reductions.
- Execute export shipping activities, including but not limited to, preparation and accuracy of international shipping documents, obtaining rates from carriers, booking shipments and providing track and trace information to customers on shipment movements.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- College degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics Management, Supply Chain, or Operations Management.
- ISM, APICS or Supply Chain certification
- Experience in a strategic setting in a large manufacturing organization.
- Position requires tact and diplomacy in dealing with carriers and internal customers.
- Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to identify process deficiencies, develop and implement improvements.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience with Black Belt credentials
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with personnel to accomplish tasks
- Must be action-oriented with an eye for finding opportunity and solving problems
- Detail oriented with ability to complete tasks in timely manner
- In depth knowledge of modern warehousing and inventory practices
- English language skills required, and Spanish language is a plus
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, or related field
- No Special Physical Requirements
TRAVEL TIME REQUIRED
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv’s Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities.
OUR CORE PRINCIPALS: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.
OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Location: Westerville, OH
Job date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 04:42:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!