Job Vacancy Lineworker Hawaiian Telcom
Job title: Lineworker
Company: Hawaiian Telcom
Job description: Job Description
Performs tasks necessary for assembling, constructing, installing, repairing, and maintaining outside plant facilities and equipment associated with copper and fiber network facilities from central office frames and fiber distribution panels to customer serving terminals. Performs other related, marginal duties as required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Receives daily assignments from and is directly responsible to a supervisor
- Pre-fields work orders, assembles, constructs, installs, repairs, removes or maintains outside plant copper and fiber facilities and equipment
- Drives Company’s vehicle to work site; determines field conditions along proposed facility
- Utilizes, operates, and maintains all line worker tools and equipment for new, repair, and restoration of service outages
- Responsible to maintain, record, correct, and report all work order drawings
- Loads, unloads, and transports materials, equipment, to complete employee’s daily assignments
- Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment
- Provides input to supervisor on the time required to complete job daily assignments
- Initiates corrective action upon recognition of equipment and/or procedure problems
- Abides by company safety practices and policies
- Performs additional duties and task required by the company
- Tests – Results obtained in standard tests for this position must meet minimum requirements established by the Company, in accordance with Company policy
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A State of Hawaii driver’s license within the first 4 months on the job; able to meet medical and driver certification requirements as established by the DOT Federal Highway Safety Act; not restricted to daylight hours
- Ability to identify and distinguish audible tones/levels and colors
- Ability to work in confined areas for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry tool boxes, drop wire, parts containers and installation loads, test equipment, generators, manhole/pullbox covers, etc.
- Ability to climb poles/ladders
- Ability to lift, carry, set-up, climb and take down ladders
- Ability to communicate naturally and pleasantly over the telephone and/or in person
- Requires alertness and attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret architectural, electrical wiring diagrams
- Able to operate test equipment
- Ability to obtain/qualify for additional security clearances
- Indoor-outdoor work. Exposed to adverse weather conditions, dust, noise, dirt, heat, poor lighting, fumes, etc.
- Works in buildings being constructed/renovated, manholes, rough terrain, traffic, aerial lifts, platforms, etc.; exposed to high voltage electrical power lines, explosive and/or flammable liquids and gases, oxygen deficiency, carbon monoxide, lead toxicity and asbestos materials; works with molten lead and wax
- Scheduled work tours may be weekday, weekend and holiday, including day, evening and night hours
- Subject to occasional scheduled and/or unscheduled overtime and callouts
- Subject to occasional Neighbor Island travel when necessary
Pay Range: $19.54 – $37.24
We were made aware of an employment scam in which a third-party is creating false communications under the Hawaiian Telcom name. We want to reiterate that Hawaiian Telcom never seeks payment from job applicants and only reaches out from @hawaiiantel.com email addresses. We are encouraging applicants to apply through our website at for added security.
Aloha! Welcome to Hawaiian Telcom’s listing of current job openings. Hawaiian Telcom, the premier telecommunications company headquartered in Honolulu, offers Hawaii’s consumers and businesses a spectrum of telecommunication solutions, taking full advantage of proven and emerging technologies. We are focused on building and maintaining a diverse team of employees who are committed to delivering an outstanding customer experience.
We call the communities we serve home and giving back to these communities is an important part of our culture.
Hawaiian Telcom offers an amazing Mālama Hours Program, Employee Resource Groups, and organized corporate community service events that further strengthen our community relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.
Oahu; 47-129 Waihee Rd-HI009
We were made aware of an employment scam in which a third-party is creating false communications under the Hawaiian Telcom name. We want to reiterate that Hawaiian Telcom never seeks payment from job applicants and only reaches out from @hawaiiantel.com e
Location: Kaneohe, HI
Job date: Thu, 01 Feb 2024 05:21:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!