Job Vacancy Lineman – Telecommunications | UAM Construction Services | Texas Davey Tree
Job title: Lineman – Telecommunications | UAM Construction Services | Texas
Company: Davey Tree
Job description: Additional Locations: Texas statewide
Primary Locations: TX, San Antonio, 1303 Rilling Rd., 78210
Requisition ID: 192075
DRG is looking for a Telecom Aerial Lineman who will be responsible for performing skilled tasks in accordance with standard industry practices in the construction, maintenance, and operation of underground and overhead telecommunications. This position will be responsible to use various specialized equipment in an outside fast-paced work environment. DRG Telecom Aerial Linemen install, operate, maintain, inspect, and repair CATV lines to include Strand, Fiber and Coax.
- Install, operate, maintain and repair overhead telecommunications plant
- Read and interpret engineering plans
- Locate/troubleshoot telecommunication cables and wires
- Perform maintenance on telecommunication equipment
- Operates Bucket trucks, hand tools, power tools, ladders, signal level meters, voltmeters, and test equipment.
- Operate communications devices in accordance with company policies.
- Operate Company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner: Clean, maintain, stock, and secure assigned vehicle and equipment, in accordance with company policies.
- Utilize and become proficient with tasks, tools, test equipment, and information that will enhance business results.
- Adhere to industry-specific, local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Know, understand, and follow company policy.
- Working on aerial spans
- Completes paperwork, timesheets, test results, vehicle inspection, and logs.
- Assists other Team personnel in the performance of their duties when requested to promote a Team approach to problem-solving.
- Visually assess digging areas to ensure that areas have been staked/located prior to digging.
- Must always comply with proper safety standards/procedures and work practices according to DRG policy or the customer’s special request.
- Report all personal & vehicle accidents/incidents immediately to supervisors, cooperate, and assist in the investigation.
- Assists with job site setup and clean-up as necessary.
- Operates construction equipment safely in a variety of urban and rural areas.
- Performs site restoration work.
- Safely load equipment, secure load, transport, and unload construction equipment.
- Learning new skills and techniques on a continual basis and passing that on to others.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- General knowledge of construction practices
- Local candidates preferred as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Proficient in new build, coax & fiber installation and pole transfers
- Ability to pass pre-employment and random drug screens
- Frequent sitting, standing, climbing, and bending. Occasional standing, walking, and kneeling and crawling are required.
- Close peripheral and distant visual abilities are needed including depth perception.
- The work environment is frequently loud and requires the employee to work in a variety of outdoor conditions
- Knowledge of materials and tools used in line construction and maintenance work
- Understanding of separation and clearance regulations
- Able to proficiently splice telecommunication wires
- Dependable and Trustworthy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Operate construction equipment and machinery
- Work nights and weekends, if necessary Carry 75-80 lbs., to include an extension ladder
- Ability to work at heights of 20+ feet
- Work under any type of weather conditions
- Work independently or as part of a team and relate well to co-workers
- 2+ years of Aerial Lineman, telecommunication and pole climbing experience preferred
- Valid CDL A driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- High school graduate or GED certificate preferred.
- OSHA certification is a plus, but not required. Must be able to complete online OSHA and safety-related certifications
The ideal candidate would be comfortable with traveling from location to location within the client’s service territory. Candidates must be comfortable working full time with a minimum of 40 – 45 hours per week. Compensation based on experience. DRG offers excellent benefits including: health, dental, vision and life insurance after 30 days of employment. Phone reimbursement and use of company vehicle. Vacation Pay, Company stock and 401-K eligibility after 1 year. Continual training and development offered. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle records screen, criminal background screen, and Social Security # verification required. Davey Resource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply. DRG is Employee Owned. We encourage you to take ownership of your future.
The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected class, including race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, marital or familial status, disability, status as a protected veteran, status as an Aboriginal or Indigenous person, or other classification protected by law.
Davey Resource Group, Inc., is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States. Davey Tree Expert Company provides research-driven tree services, grounds maintenance and environmental consulting for residential, utility, commercial and environmental partners in the U.S. and Canada. We care about our clients, each other and the world around us. We offer the resources, size and stability of a big company while maintaining the culture, entrepreneurial spirit and feel of a small one. We invest in our employees by offering industry-leading training, technology and benefits that lead to a rewarding and safe work experience at all levels. Wherever you want to grow your career, there’s a place for you at Davey. To learn more, visit Davey.com.
If you need assistance at any time, please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at .
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey’s relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law – English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement – English | Spanish
Right to Work – English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Job date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 06:20:22 GMT
Apply for the job now!