Job Vacancy Lead Transportation Coordinator TriMark
Job title: Lead Transportation Coordinator
Job description: TriMark USA is one of the country’s largest providers of foodservice equipment and supplies. We proudly serve our customers by providing design services, commercial equipment, and foodservice supplies across a wide range of industries and business sectors. As a company, we strive to lead with our values and to support the success and sustainability of our customers so they can focus on their culinary pursuits.
FULL TIME | IN OFFICE | BENEFITS INCLUDED
(Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet & Legal Insurance)
The Lead Transportation Coordinator is located in Brisbane, CA.
Schedule: M – F 10:30am to 7:00pm
Hourly wage is $24.00 – $28.00 DOE.
Reporting to the Warehouse Operations Manager, the Lead Transportation Coordinator provides direct supervision to an exceptional transportation team and coordinated support to internal and external customers. This is a key administrative role in support of TriMark’s goal of becoming the premier supplier of equipment in the region. With safety as their #1 priority, the successful candidate will implement the operational strategy related to outbound and inbound transportation of goods and services to and from end customers via final mile delivery, inbound freight and import logistics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under guidance from Warehouse Operations leadership, ensures regulatory compliance and the diligent adherence to established safety standards.
- Provides operational and personnel support to the transportation team in their day-to-day responsibilities which include direct handling of high-value TriMark assets.
- Ensures compliance with audit standards in accordance with contractual agreements and company polices
- Guided by our Core Values, fosters an employee culture conducive to employee engagement, retention and sustained high performance.
- Effectively coordinates all processes related to materials utilized to accomplish deliveries, transfers and pick-ups for the regional distribution center.
- Manages driver and delivery schedules, assignment of trucks and drivers to ensure timely pickup and deliveries and cost control.
- Works effectively with drivers, internal and external clients while providing regular feedback to warehouse leadership on opportunities for improvement and operational growth.
- Tracks and monitors operational data to support management in the development of metrics to improve operational efficiencies.
- Understand, monitor and enforce daily, weekly and monthly operational key performance indicators (KPIs) through the use integrated business systems with carriers.
- Effective people skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the application and understanding of Transportation Management Systems (TMS)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data in alignment process orientation.
- Able to lead a team, collaborate and work with a variety of internal and external clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), TMS systems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required
- Minimum two years industry dispatch and logistics experience required
- Ability to successfully pass a background check required
- Experience supervising employees preferably in the transportation industry preferred, not required
- General understanding of DOT and regulatory requirements preferred, not required
- Knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations and their application to the workforce preferred, not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
TriMark’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is a purposeful mission of strengthening our organization and those we serve by uniting the unique differences of our employees. This mission is instilled in who we are as a company. We are committed to promoting diversity, equity and inclusion through sharing, education, and experiences. We are greater together through unity in diversity. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any applicable pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to .
Expected salary: $30000 – 50000 per year
Location: Brisbane, CA
Job date: Sun, 03 Sep 2023 22:07:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!