Job Vacancy Lead Logistics Coordinator Capstone Logistics
Job title: Lead Logistics Coordinator
Company: Capstone Logistics
Job description: Job Description Shift:
Work Days : Monday-Friday
Lead Logistics Coordinator-null
Expectations: Lead LC is expected to help with dispatch and assist drivers. Assist with overseeing billing and daily coordinator functions and make sure everything is done by deadlines given by management. Make sure all settlements are filled out properly and passed on to Logistics Manager. Need to be organized, a great communicator, and manages time well. The Lead LC will be the Logistics Managers main point for updates and issues reports when needed.
Schedule and dispatch vendors or independent contractors to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using telephones and dispatch software. Communicates all pertinent data (customer’s locations, type of pickup, scanning requirements, temperature requirements, ect.) to vendors at the time of dispatch.
- Serve as a contact person for all vendors within their route territories and inform them about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Manage contact with vendors to ensure all routes are covered, as needed.
- Determine responses needed to effectively and appropriately deal with emergencies, accidents, and breakdowns.
- Communicate Chain of Custody standards (location scanning, specimens handling, parcel scanning, etc.) as required by Capstone Logistics customers.
- Resolve vendor problems or grievances and refer to vendor management, if further assistance is needed.
- Evaluate importance of incoming telephone calls and prioritize accordingly.
- Provide support to the customer service team, on an as needed basis or during peak season.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures, as defined in the Independent Contractor Operating Agreement, are consistently followed.
- Makes decisions and takes the necessary actions to determine the most appropriate delivery methods to meet or exceed the customer’s service expectations.
- Maintain accurate documentation, on the status of each job within the dispatch POD, manages distribution of work, and ensures documentation is complete before jobs are cleared.
Capstone Logistics, LLC is part of The Transportation and Logistics industry which has been designated a “Critical Infrastructure Segment”. As a “critical infrastructure industry” worker in the Transportation and Logistics industry, associates are considered exempt from local restrictions such as curfews, shelter-in-place orders, and other mobility restrictions when reporting to, returning from, or performing his or her work functions.
Expected salary: $24 – 26 per hour
Location: Aston, PA
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:30:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!