Job Vacancy Lead Distribution Engineer (CE/ME/EE) LUZCO Technologies
Job title: Lead Distribution Engineer (CE/ME/EE)
Company: LUZCO Technologies
Job description: Job description
Looking for a familia?
LUZCO Technologies, LLC is looking for a spirited candidate to join our passionate, ever-growing team. LUZCO is an award-winning Energy & Utilities Consulting Firm, offering project management services, engineering design services, and transmission and distribution engineering services.
You’re more than an employee. You’re a familia member. As a member of the familia, we make sure this is more than just a job.
- Benefits: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, paid time off, free monthly massages.
- Schedule: Work-life balance is key. Flexible working hours are offered, we just ask that everyone is in the office from 9am-3pm. Make your schedule work for you. Paid Time Off and Holidays included.
- Diversity: We value diversity and the perspectives of all people. We group together a variety of professions with broad expertise to create unique ways to approach the same problem.
- Professional Growth Opportunities: Tuition Reimbursement for both traditional schooling and certifications. Work closely with industry professionals to develop career goals and action plans.
- Philanthropy: Give back to the community. We offer a set amount of paid time off each year for our employees to get out into their communities and give back.
- Work Environment: Relaxed atmosphere, weekly staff meetings with lunches provided, fully stocked kitchen with snacks, coffee, and treats, dog friendly office, Fun Fridays (a weekly get-together, come hang out in our game room, refreshments provided!)
Sound like a familia you’re ready to join? Here’s the details on what we are looking for in this position:
- Leads current Distribution Line Design Team
- Grows the group by hiring and mentoring new engineers
- Produce project proposals for estimating and obtaining new work
- Assist in business development to obtain additional work with current clients and obtaining new clients.
- Review and update the process and procedures for the Distribution design team.
- Ability to produce a complete Distribution line project design and mentor others (this position is design heavy with management responsibilities).
- Coordinate with electrical utilities to upgrade existing sub-transmission lines utilizing fiber optic technology.
- Produce overhead distribution line design.
- Strong PLS-CADD experience preferred.
- Perform field surveys (in and out of state), evaluate structure strengths, review NESC and client required electrical clearances, prepare construction packages, respond to construction inquiries and prepare record documents.
- Up to 15% travel/survey required.
- Complete other duties as assigned, including a willingness to temporarily fill-in for other roles/duties as required.
- Very strong knowledge base in Distribution design.
- Full understanding of project life-cycle
- Self-sufficient with no oversight required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- 5 years + of experience designing overhead and underground power lines, including PLS-CADD line design strongly preffered.
- Possess PE license (CE or SE).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Vehicle driver’s license for multi-state travel required.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to drive internal and external engineering meetings and interface with the client regularly.
Join our team. We’re all familia here.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Job date: Tue, 06 Sep 2022 05:16:27 GMT
Apply for the job now!