Job Vacancy Laborer for Aerial Line crew (Travel Required) Ledcor
Job title: Laborer for Aerial Line crew (Travel Required)
Job description: Description
Job Summary: You are an experienced Laborer with a proven ability to work alongside crew members in a high-pressure environment while maintaining project quality, schedule, and budget. Youâre a team player who ensures the well-being of others and lends a hand where needed. You can perform manual labor and are familiar with current construction practices. This position provides the opportunity for a diverse career path and longevity with an industry leading telecommunications company.
We are looking for multiple Laborers/Ground hands to join our aerial fiber team. This team will travel through Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. Per Diem Available!
This work is looking to start in mid-March.
Apply today to join the Ledcor Technical Services team!
We support our employees with training to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package, ongoing employee training and development, team building and career growth opportunities.
- Keeps crew vehicles clean and conducts regular vehicle maintenance checks and associated paperwork.
- 12X25 satellite compound, trenching work, concrete work, building fences, and mini-excavator work (knowing how to operate a mini excavator is not required but it is an asset)
- Reads underground utility locates and ensures safe digging practices are always being adhered to
- Assists in installing telecommunication fixtures, handling cables, conduits and other materials.
- Perform manual labor such as shovel/ broom work, hand digging, pulling and removing material, job site clean-up and various other task as assigned.
- Maintains a healthy and safe work environment.
- 1+ years’ experience working with an aerial line crew.
- Working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures.
- Flagging experience is an asset.
- Ability to operate company vehicles and properly tow/back-up trailers.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, pre-access drug and alcohol screenings.
- Must possess and maintain a clean driverâs abstract and valid full-driver’s license appropriate to the requirements of the vehicle being driven.
- (Required) Must be willing to travel through Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 50 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via . For more information about Ledcorâs Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our
All applicants must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
E-VerifyÂ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
., Richmond, VA
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:48:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!