Job Vacancy Laborer Dycom Industries
Job title: Laborer
Company: Dycom Industries
Job description: Job Description:
Overview and Essential Functions
Looking for a new career in one of the largest growing industries in the country? TelCom Construction is hiring full-time Telecommunication Construction Laborers. Duties include general construction labor duties related to telecommunications construction.
What will you do?
- Perform general construction work under the direction of Foreman/Supervisor
- Install and maintain underground fiber optic and other telecommunications cabling service lines
- Operate or work around various types of construction equipment and machinery
- Hand dig using shovel and/or mechanical tools
- Maintain visual and audible contact with other crew members and all moving or stationary persons/vehicles/objects to ensure safe coordination of movement
- Worksite restoration
- Maintain safe working habits/conditions according to all regulations, procedures and policies
- Set up safety perimeter using signage, cones and safety barriers and at times flagging traffic
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, employees, etc.
- Regular and timely attendance is an essential function of this position
- May be required to work overtime, after hours and weekends. May be on-call for emergency call-outs as needed
- Adhere to all OSHA and FMCSA/DOT regulatory requirements
- Travel may be required
- Knowledge of and ability to operate various types of utility trucks and equipment in a safe manner
- Unrestricted Class A CDL with Tanker Endorsement (Higher wage scales apply to CDL holders)
- Climb into and out of equipment (trucks, cars, backhoes, trenchers, etc.)
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 lbs regularly and up to 100 LBS as needed with or without assistance
- Duties outlined in this position will require the employee to stand, crouch, sit, bend, use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as reaching with hands and arms to spaces both high and low. The employee will be standing, walking, climbing, balancing, crawling, crouching, lifting, holding or stooping while on shift
- Ability to work while wearing safety boots, safety glasses and hardhat
- Employees in this job classification may be exposed to dust, fumes or other airborne pathogens
- Remote work may be required – long driving and sitting will be required in these instances
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions which can include but is not limited to: extreme heat and cold temperatures; inclement weather such as wind, rain, snow, sleet and dust as well as adverse driving conditions including wet roads, icy roads, and fog
Benefits and Company Summary
- Paid lodging and per diem when overnight travel is required
- Company vehicles for crews to get to and from job sites
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, Critical Illness, Life and AD&D, Short and Long-term disability insurance, Legal, both traditional and ROTH 401k retirement plans with company match, Company stock purchase program and tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- 8 paid annual Holidays
- Full on-the-job training. Additional training for individuals demonstrating an aptitude and drive to expand their skill base (eg: equipment operation, utility locating, etc)
- Class A CDL Licensure program
- Rapid advancement is available for those who possess the determination and positive attitude to progress in their careers
- New and updated trucks and equipment
TelCom Construction is a full service, turnkey telecommunications utility contractor with a growing market presence within the industry. Headquartered in Clearwater, MN and with locations throughout the Upper Midwest, our focus on Midwestern values and continuously delivering a quality product with attention to safety, integrity and customer satisfaction has driven our success.
TelCom is proud to be an EEO/AA and Veteran-Friendly employer!
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page at https://careers.telcomconstruction.com/telcom.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company’s policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Job date: Sat, 26 Aug 2023 05:14:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!