Job Vacancy Journeyman Telecommunications Deployment Engineer GovCIO
Job title: Journeyman Telecommunications Deployment Engineer
Job description: Overview:
GovCIO is seeking a Journeyman Telecommunications Deployment Engineer. The position is on site in San Francisco, CA. Responsibilities:
Performs a variety of electronic and technical assignments on data communications equipment and systems. Completes terminal troubleshooting using appropriate diagnostic equipment. Installs terminals, controllers, and test equipment and restores nonworking lines and/or equipment to working condition. Maintains liaison with outside vendors and orders circuits and/or equipment as required. Requires knowledge of specific modems, test equipment, and terminal configuration. May develop recommendations for the combined usage of data processing and telephone system hardware and software.
- Conducts site surveys and meets contacts like clients, construction crew members, utility company personnel, and people from other departments within the Company.
- Installs, moves, and modifies telecommunications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards, and procedures.
- Undertakes telecommunications systems upgrade and answers queries related to system controls, and maintenance of the system in general.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions. Maintains and repairs telecommunications systems and equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and specifications.
- Reports and monitors service order changes.
- Be responsible for general local video operations and maintenance support as part of normal IT site support duties. This task does not include designing, engineering, specifying or acquiring video equipment. This support shall include basic troubleshooting of system problems and repairs, when they are identified by enterprise video support staff.
- Work with enterprise level voice and video engineers and technicians to conduct more detailed remote troubleshooting and repairs.
- Assist in setting up presentation devices and Video Conference units and provide basic troubleshooting support as needed. This includes ensuring functionality, being available for events, and shutting down video conferences.
- Perform local voice operations and maintenance support related to video teleconferences. This support shall include basic troubleshooting of system problems and repairs when they are indicated by enterprise voice support staff. This task does not include designing, engineering, specifying or acquiring voice communications equipment.
Associate’s with 2-5 years (or commensurate experience)
Clearance required: Public Trust; must be able to obtain
Understand the purpose of these technologies and have some experience with them, or with equivalent technologies:
- Cisco IP audio and video enpoints, Unified Call Manager (CUCM), Expressway Meeting Server (CMS), Meeting Management (CMM), Telepresence Management Suite (TMS), Prime, and Identify Services Engine.
- Broadsoft Cloud
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Avaya technologies including audio/video components, Communicator, One-X, Application Enablement Server (AES), and the following at version 6.0 or above: Communications Manager, Session/System Manager, and Aura Messaging.
- Polycom DMA, Real Presence, and endpoints
- Splunk (syslog)
- ICAM / Single Sign On methodologies (SSO) / Certificates
- InfoBlox / Akamai
- SIP routing, dial pattern and number translations, E.164 routing, PRI as well as standards-based codecs, to include codecs from Cisco and Polycom
- Video Conferencing Services (VCS) infrastructure
- Unified Communications and Video conferencing, including but not limited to: Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Unity Connection, TEAMS, UCCX, Expressways, Jabber Client, SIP, H.323, and QoS
- Session Border Controllers (SBC), Cisco Unified Border Elements (CUBEs)
Preferred Skills and Experience
CCNA or above Company Overview:
GovCIO is a team of transformers–people who are passionate about transforming government IT. Every day, we make a positive impact by delivering innovative IT services and solutions that improve how government agencies operate and serve our citizens.
But we can’t do it alone. We need great people to help us do great things – for our customers, our culture, and our ability to attract other great people. We are changing the face of government IT and building a workforce that fuels this mission. Are you ready to be a transformer?
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. EOE, including disability/vets.
Posted Pay Range
The posted pay range, if referenced, reflects the range expected for this position at the commencement of employment, however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, education, experience, and internal equity. The total compensation package for this position may also include other compensation elements, to be discussed during the hiring process. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the GovCIO reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, GovCIO or individual department/team performance, and market factors. Posted Salary Range: USD $70,000.00 – USD $73,000.00 /Yr.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Job date: Thu, 13 Jul 2023 07:36:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!