Job Vacancy Joint Use Telecommunications Designer Timmons Group
Job title: Joint Use Telecommunications Designer
Company: Timmons Group
Job description: Job Description
Timmons Group is seeking a Joint Use Telecommunications Designer for our E-Government Solutions Group located in our Harrisonburg, VA office. The Designer monitors the work of contractors for quality control and contract compliance for roadway and utility projects. Project assignments typically involve traffic control, sensitive political or environmental concerns, project coordination with property owners, utility companies, and local county and state agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Process attachment permits for Joint Use partners (cable television companies, telephone and telecommunications companies, local governments, private companies).
- Act as a liaison between Company and Joint Use partners regarding permits, inspections, rebuilds, NESC and/or RUS interpretation and Company policy.
- Prepare joint use related pole construction/design projects and cost estimates, notifications, CATV permits, etc.
- Assure proper transactions of payments and billing.
- Prepare and maintain files of agreements, permits, surveys, inspections, and rebuilds.
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned (ex. Non-Joint Use Design work)
- Ability to work both in an office environment and in the field
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of distribution design and construction, estimating and NESC and/or RUS codes preferred.
- Working knowledge of cable television, telephone and telecommunication companies’ operations and interaction with electric utilities preferred.
- Knowledge of Joint Use design software and assembly codes preferred – ArcFM, Partner, Mapwise, PoleForeman, Ike Office, etc.
- Working knowledge of how to use computers including the use of software such as Microsoft Office Word and Excel, and Outlook Email software required.
- Working knowledge and experience with data conversion using ArcGIS, AutoCAD or Microstation is preferred.
- Ability to communicate technical information, ability to research, interpret and summarize data.
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple projects from numerous departments.
- This individual must be highly motivated, a self-starter; flexible, detail-oriented, enjoy interacting with employees and clients; willing to work at a dynamic pace to complete tasks and meet deadlines; and share a commitment to our firm’s vision, mission, and shared values.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For”. We help government and private clients alike to scale and grow through GIS services. With over 30 years providing expert GIS services, our award-winning team is ready to provide the flexible services to meet the needs of any organization. Our service expertise ranges from traditional GIS architecture and system configuration to custom application development to Enterprise Asset Management. We pride ourselves in being technology professionals that differentiate our services with unrivaled customer service. We are dedicated to solving challenges and helping our clients achieve their vision. For more information, visit www.timmonsgis.com.
Location: Harrisonburg, VA
Job date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 03:28:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!