Job Vacancy IT Support – Telecommunications Technician Universal Connectivity
Job title: IT Support – Telecommunications Technician
Company: Universal Connectivity
Job description: Multiple Open Positions
- (VoIP) Telecommunications Technician – Tier 1 (Entry Level)
- (VoIP) Telecommunications Technician – Tier 2 (Middle to Senior Level)
Who We Are
Headquartered in the heart of West Hartford Center, Universal Connectivity is a premiere telecommunications company. We have a 25-year history of serving a diverse group of business clients’ across the country. We empower our clients to think differently about their telecommunications systems and networks. Coupled with our core values and strengths in strategic planning, we become a valued member of our clients’ team as reflected in our 70+ NetPromoter Score.
What We Do
We help enhance our clients’ growth and competitiveness with forward thinking scalable communication systems.
Why We Do It (Core Purpose)
We believe that every business deserves to be better connected and that our clients’ needs should dictate the telecommunication solutions we design, implement and manage with them.
How We Do It (Core Values – How we Behave)
Pragmatic Creativity: Our clients’ needs dictate the solution.
Human Touch: We are real people who respond to the immediacy of your needs.
Thoroughness: We listen and understand our clients’ business. Accurate documentation means accurate management.
Happiness: We love what we do – and it shows!
Why Work With Us?
- Excellent compensation package with clearly defined benchmarks for performance and career development
- Customize your workspace for personal ergonomics including standing desks, multiple monitors and ergo chairs
- Opportunities to work on teams or independently
- Generous paid time off and 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Company paid Short-term and Long-term Disability coverage
- Simple IRA matched retirement-program
- Extensive new-hire training and ongoing learning opportunities
- Learn and grow with our
program * Be Heard – Monthly one on one lunch with executive management
- Access to all that West Hartford Center has to offer from shopping to restaurants.
- Snacks and drinks in kitchen and Team lunch every Friday
Key Outcomes of the Telecommunications Technician Role
- Participate in company Daily huddle
- Actively participate in company Weekly, Quarterly and Annual planning sessions
- Handle and answer incoming customer calls within 3 rings. See Human Touch Core Value
- Work directly with clients’ IT and Network personnel through phone, email, and case management system to troubleshoot and resolve customer reported telecommunications or network issues
- Provide timely end user with status updates and issue resolution
- Triage – Phones, calling and call quality, Password resets, VPN and internet connectivity
- Configure and support edge routers, firewalls and LAN switches
- Proactively and appropriately respond to client monitoring alarms
- Work with underlying carriers to open and manage trouble tickets to resolution
- Take ownership of overall case and see through to resolution to clients’ satisfaction.
- Document and escalate more complex issues to higher level technical teams internally and externally
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of Universal Connectivity product and service offerings.
- Remote and occasional Onsite Support of Clients VoIP service Installation, Moves, Adds and Changes.
- Participate in the Client Emergency Support rotation
- Properly document in ticketing software both call purpose and resolution – See Thoroughness Core Value
- Communicate with customers by phone to receive orders for installation for service; add, change or change service; and address other service-related issues
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all new customer orders; enter orders into business systems with a high degree of accuracy
- Other duties as assigned by management
Competencies of the Telecommunications Technician
- Highly organized in such a way that no detail is overlooked – yet flexible
- Effective use of calendar programs like Microsoft outlook or similar product
- Working knowledge of Information Technology systems and practices – LAN/ WAN, Internet Protocols, VoIP, Video, Firewalls, Routing and VPN
- Patient and Thoughtful while troubleshooting a wide variety of hardware and software systems
- Knowledge of the Rockefeller Habits is a HUGE bonus.
- Willingness to ask for help. This role involves A LOT of moving pieces so asking for help if you are behind or lost is a must in our world.
- Passion for Technology and technically oriented – does not mean you have to know it all, but that you like it and are willing to dive in and learn and grow with us.
- Ability to speak with people – form a relationship – find a need – fill the need.
- Willing to fail – willing to learn from the failure and keep going.
- Inherent “drive” – taking action. Doesn’t wait to be told details, can take an outcome and figure out the rest.
- Committed long-term – learn the ropes and stay with it.
- Task driven is huge – a typical day requires hopping from task to task without missing a beat.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and products – knowledge of Word and Excel will get you far – the ability to use a MacBook and/or PC.
- Ability to work independently and in a professional manner in the office, at client site and at other locations
- Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner in person, on the phone and via written correspondence
Who you are
- You love to learn.
- Instinctively, you establish structure and routine to maintain focus on goals and deadlines.
- At heart, you are a very flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work are pulling in many different directions at once.
- You have empathy and can sense the emotions of others.
- You take charge and are restless until others are aligned to accomplish common goals.
- You treat everyone in the world with consistency no matter what their station in life.
Location: West Hartford, CT
Job date: Fri, 21 Jul 2023 22:08:20 GMT
Apply for the job now!