Job Vacancy IT Support Services Specialist Heniff Transportation Systems LLC
Job title: IT Support Services Specialist
Company: Heniff Transportation Systems LLC
Job description: Description:
Heniff Transportation provides best-in-class supply chain solutions to our valued customers by utilizing our network of supply chain services and resources. We focus on creating extraordinary growth and value across the markets, industries, and customers we serve through outstanding safety, innovation, and service performance. We accomplish this through one of the largest, fully integrated networks of terminals, transload and tank wash facilities in North America and now in Canada. We strive to be the BEST at everything we do.
Provide support to customers across the business for computer hardware, software, other technology equipment, and business-related applications. Duties include resolving technical issues, maintaining hardware and software installations, and improving IT systems. Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential for communicating with customers. Managing projects simultaneously while maintaining high customer service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers in person and remotely via Team Viewer with hardware (desktop computers, printers, scanners), thin clients, remote desktop services, and software programs.
- Manage and document support activities in Zendesk help desk software.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Troubleshoot business-critical applications and open support requests with vendors as needed.
- Document processes and perform diagnostic tests.
- Install company image on new computers; reimage computers.
- Create domain and O365 accounts for new hires as well as access to licensed software.
- Assist new hires with initial login and provide a general overview of systems and processes.
- Process employee terminations.
- Train customers on hardware functionality and how to access software programs.
- Create knowledge base articles for IT and customer use.
- Maintain asset management system.
- Support mobile and desktop phones.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments and trends in the industry.
- Consulting with IT managers and other departments as required.
- Assist with various projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in Windows 10 operating system, Active Directory, Azure AD, and Office 365 Admin Portal.
- Experience with Office 365/Office 2016 applications including Outlook, Teams, OneDrive, and SharePoint.
- Experience with Windows Remote Desktop Services.
- Comfortable working in and assisting others through company help desk software, in addition to other remote access desktop programs.
- Experience with Android and iOS phones and tablets.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in a customer focused position involving technical knowledge of a companies’ products and services.
- Microsoft Certified Professional or similar certifications are a plus.
- Ability to travel between Chicago-suburban offices.
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Strong customer service orientation, ensuring needs and deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, escalate, and complete work according to business needs and priority.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts for a general audience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive, proactive, and motivated attitude.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced organization.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and customer feedback regarding their experience with software or IT services.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May be required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms, and stoop, kneel or crouch as needed.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position performs local travel to other Company locations.
- The position typically operates in a standard office environment.
- This position routinely uses office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and scanners.
At Heniff, we believe our biggest asset is our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, hiring and developing individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to add to our collaborative culture. Heniff treats all candidates and employees with respect and does not discriminate in our recruiting, hiring, and promoting processes and general treatment during employment, including on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Location: Oak Brook, IL
Job date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:05:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!