Job Vacancy IT Manager I – Transportation Weyerhaeuser
Job title: IT Manager I – Transportation
Job description: We at Weyerhaeuser pride ourselves at being the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. Integrity and Sustainability are the founding values of our business, and these values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about sustainability – we led it in the forestry industry when we planted our first seedling by hand in 1938. We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world – from the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience, and pride. That’s the Weyerhaeuser way.
Our IT team is on a mission to continue transforming the timber industry. We are not just in the cloud; we are implementing technology that will keep us at the forefront of innovation in the forestry and forest products industries. We are looking for an experienced IT Manager to join our Timberlands Connected Forest team. Strong candidates will demonstrate a successful career leading and growing people, setting clear strategic vision, fostering new partnerships built on trust, and executing complex technology initiatives that deliver outstanding business value.
As part of the Timberlands Connected Forest team, the role of IT Manager I – Transportation is to lead an IT Product team in the planning and execution of technology initiatives, as well as in support of the suite of integrated tools that are core to running the Transportation Logistics function of the Weyerhaeuser Timberlands supply chain. This role relies heavily on knowledge of: IT Service Management (ITSM); Product Management; core experience managing projects, budgets, and resources; strategic vision-setting; and strong soft-skills to effectively communicate with and influence a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders. The IT Manager I – Transportation role partners continuously with other leaders and teams across Timberlands IT, as well as IT teams and leaders outside Timberlands, including Security, Architecture, Governance, Integration, the Program Management Office, and Enterprise Technical Services.
This is an exciting and unique role that not only provides the opportunity to work with and lead an exceptional team, but also to drive tremendous business value and technical innovation in a key pillar of the Timberlands Connected Forest integrated supply chain.
- Lead the Transportation IT Product team, made up of seasoned Product Owners and Analysts responsible for a suite of platforms, tools, and physical devices.
- Accountable for operational results, performance against annual IT and Business goals, people development, and resource management (budgets, capacity, schedules).
- Ensure Products adhere to IT Service Management, Governance, and Security standards.
- Delivery of Tier-3 Product Support via internal team(s) and external technology partners.
- Plan and execute both tactical and strategic technology initiatives and projects
- Manage task and project prioritization in close partnership with IT team and business stakeholders.
- Manage and grow relationships with strategic 3rd party technology providers.
- Foster an inclusive, collaborative team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 6+ years of progressive, relevant information technology experience, including supervisory experience.
- Significant business domain expertise in transportation/logistics, forestry, natural resources, or comparable industries.
- Expert technical fluency in use of desktop and web-based productivity software, including Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office suite, as well as planning and resource management tools (e.g. Aha!, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Strong technical foundation and knowledge of integrated software systems, spanning platforms, cloud providers and cloud-native capabilities, and delivery models (hosted/virtualized, mobile-based, local installation, etc.).
- Skilled in leading the development, ongoing maintenance, and formal stakeholder reviews of tactical and strategic Product roadmaps.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to all levels of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Skilled in creating and delivering presentations to staff and customers including senior IT and Business leaders.
- Ability to travel for project activities and team events, up to 25%.
- Outstanding customer service skills, including ability to work with all levels of the organization to provide timely and effective technical solutions.
- Ability to foster a collaborative team environment, built on transparency, respect, and inclusion, where all team members feel comfortable sharing and discussing their ideas.
- Committed to continuously growing own technical skills and knowledge, as well as that of others via formal and informal means (e.g. coaching, mentoring, training, certifications, etc.).
- Ability to quickly learn the Weyerhaeuser Timberlands line of business, the underlying business processes, and a deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain.
- Knowledge of Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and logistics-related business concepts is a big plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) and mobile device / mobile application management (MDM/MAM) platforms are also pluses.
What We Offer:
Compensation: This role is eligible for our annual merit-increase program, and we are targeting a salary range of $114,500 – $171,800 based on your level of skills, qualifications, and experience. You will also be eligible for our Annual Incentive Program, which offers a cash bonus targeting 20% of base pay. Potential plan funding may range from zero to two times that target.
Benefits: When you join our team, you and your dependents will be offered coverage under our comprehensive employee benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance. For those eligible, we offer a pre-tax Health Savings Account option which includes a company contribution based on your participation. Other benefit options are also available such as voluntary Long-Term Care and Employee Assistance Programs. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
Retirement: Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401(k) plan, which includes a paid company match on a per pay period basis. In addition, the company makes a retirement savings contribution of 5% of eligible earnings into the 401(k) Plan.
Paid Time Off or Vacation: We provide eligible employees who are scheduled to work 25 hours or more per week with 3-weeks of paid vacation to use during your first year of employment. In addition, after being employed for six months, eligible employees begin to accrue vacation for future use. We also recognize eleven paid holidays per year, providing a total of 88 holiday hours.
About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
Attention Internal Applicants: To ensure transparency across the organization, please have a discussion with your manager prior to applying for any new opportunities. If you need any help facilitating this conversation, please reach out to your HR Representative for guidance. For more information on how to apply, including best practices for updating your profile or partnering with HR and Recruiting, please visit our internal applicant page on Roots: wy.com/applicants
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Expected salary: $114500 – 171800 per year
Location: Columbia Falls, MT
Job date: Sat, 27 Jan 2024 23:55:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!